Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Latest Chapter
    Ok those familiar with my story, thanks for coming back for yet another chapter. Yesterday at work I was helping one of my ex's old best friends(they stopped being friends over the guy) and I didn't know my ex was working the book keeping office yesterday. Well something was said between me n her old friend and we were laughing and when I stood up, there was my ex, around 20 paces back given me the "look" and she was standing outside of the book keepers office the whole time we were out there. Also for the past week, every time I walk by she is always looking at me. And then my cousin yesterday told me that she asks how I am doing and stuff. So I was tired of it, so when I went on my break after this happened, I walked by her and simply said "Hey Brianna" and there was like a 2 second pause and then a "heyyy" back... Saying hello didn't set me back any or anything. I went after my break to talk to Sam(her old bestfriend) she asked if I said anything to her and I said yea, I just said hi, why? And she said because my ex looked distant afterwards. Sam then talked to one of their mutual friends and when Brianna was asked about what that was(me saying hey) she rolled her eyes...

Any ideas? Ha ha
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Stay out of office drama, especially with the ex involved. That would be my idea. Unless you like drama.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Tal, trust me, I HATE drama. I am definitely not going to go back down that road with texting her or anything like that. It's just weird, she has a boyfriend but always is staring at me. Don't worry, no relapses. I have come too far to go back to square one with being a love sick puppy dog begging for her.
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Feb 25, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Hey Rome! First of all it's good to hear from you again. I hope that aside from the ex-girlfriend problems that all is going well.

Okay, so here is the problem with your situation. As much as this sucks to hear you are simply trying too hard to read into what she is thinking. Your best option is to just forget about what is running through her head and continue on your own path. On top of that, as Tal said, stay out of the office drama.

Trust me, I do the same thing (trying to interpret the ex's actions) and more then anything it just makes things worse. If you look at my post "Seeing Ex at Party Soon!" you'll notice that I was trying to decipher how my ex acted. Problem is that no matter how hard we try to interpret things we simply will never know the persons true intentions so as a result there is no point in dwelling on the matter. Keep it simple and don't over complicated matters

Just stay on the path your on. I'm pretty sure that in due time you and your ex-girlfriend will start talking again and a few of your questions will be answered. But let it happen naturally.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Yea, besides her all is well lol... How about you?

Yea, I hear you confused... I'm not going to force anything. She has a boyfriend, and my parents told me he was really angry over the fact that my ex still talks to my parents so openly and was huffing and puffing when she was talking to them on Saturday. But like the bible says "what will be, will be" so time is the only thing that will take the fog away

Feb 25, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Same lol. Aside from getting over the ex-girlfriend all is well.

With time things will get better. When things are rough I often remind myself how easy my life is. Instead of worrying over finding food to survive, I'm lucky enough to be worrying over a lost love. Although sometimes it feels I would prefer the former predicament, the truth is that I'm a lucky guy.

I don't read the bible much, but the quote you mentioned is spot on. Just let things flow naturally. Based on what you told us I feel that things between you and your ex-girlfriend are not over. I'm not suggesting you two will bet back together (although its always a possibility), but what I'm saying is that you haven't seen the end of this chapter and it will take a little longer before its complete.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Its funy you should say that about the chapter. My friend is always telling me that the book is far from over and there are more than a few people saying it's not over. Being her first and everything things got too heated and she thought things would be better else where. But this guy is far more jealous than I was, so I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing. Gym, hanging out with friends and enjoying my quiet time(and watching my bank account grow)

And yea, things will definitely get better for us. Like my dad said "they have to get better, they can't get worse" ha ha...
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Feb 25, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Rome,

How is all this information privy to you?? You seem to know a lot about what she is doing and how she responds to actions and this and that. As great as you are doing you are still very capable of falling into the drama, once that happens its like quick sand. Treat work like work, if her friend asks you questions about her than don't respond. I do believe I read something of yours that said you spent your break outside reading a book (I think it was you?) I think her seeing that would be more powerful than anything else you could do around the office.

Seems like ex's only get riled when you are not trying to rile them:) Not that you are, I'm just saying.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Yea, people make it a habit of telling me stuff about her, I don't talk to anyone at work really. Just a few close friends that I trust. I have stopped a lot of the incoming information about her. And yea that was me with the book and IPOD lol. I just feel better doing that then sitting around talking to people who couldn't be trusted. You're right about not falling back into the drama that is the work place because everyone says I need to "save" her from this guy. But like I said, she's her own person with her own mind
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 25, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    Ok those familar with my story, thanks for coming back for yet another chapter. Yesterday at work I was helping one of my ex's old best friends(they stopped being friends over the guy) and I didn't know my ex was working the book keeping office yesterday. Well something was said between me n her old friend and we were laughing and when I stood up, there was my ex, around 20 paces back given me the "look" and she was standing outside of the book keepers office the whole time we were out there. Also for the past week, everytime I walk by she is always looking at me. And then my cousin yesterday told me that she asks how I am doing and stuff. So I was tired of it, so when I went on my break after this happened, I walked by her and simply said "Hey Brianna" and there was like a 2 second pause and then a "heyyy" back...Saying hello didn't set me back any or anything. I went after my break to talk to Sam(her old bestfriend) she asked if I said anything to her and I said yea, I just said hi, why? And she said because my ex looked distant afterwards. Sam then talked to one of their mutual friends and when Brianna was asked about what that was(me saying hey) she rolled her eyes...

Any ideas? Ha ha
    You have too much time on your hands. Stop gossiping with your exes old friends. Get your own friends
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2008, 01:32 PM
    First off Katrina, maybe you did not read the post properly, but the girl I was helping IS my friend. Actually one of my best friends, just because she USED to be friends with my ex does not classify her as strictly my exes old friend. She is the one person who has been there for me through all of this(outside of this site) So if you're not going to read the post properly, I urge you not to add your two cents into the mix. Thanks

Feb 25, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    Its funy you should say that about the chapter. My friend is always telling me that the book is far from over and there are more than a few people saying it's not over. Being her first and everything things got too heated and she thought things would be better else where. But this guy is far more jealous than I was, so I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.
    Just don't fall into the trap of false hope. The chapter may not be complete but it doesn't mean it will end with you two back together. Just take it one sentence at a time.
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2008, 05:56 AM
    No way, lol.. False hope is not going to happen on my part. I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing. When I don't try for girls they seem to flock, so I'm just going to lay back and let it all work itself out.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Ex Texted Me
    OK, while this may not seem like a big deal, I feel the need to vent on here. So low down for people who aren't familiar with my situation. We broke up about 3 months ago over my jealousy(which since has been corrected through various steps), she got a new boyfriend about Feb. Have been doing NC since around January 16th, well I had a job offer in California(I live in Jersey) and I had until Friday to decide if I wanted to take the job. I kept it VERY low key telling only trusted people(or so I thought) so I get a text this morning saying "hey, just wanted to wish you the best of luck in Cali" We have not spoken about anything expect a simple "Thank you" when she helped my mom with a problem. So why did she feel the need to text me? I'm not going to try and read into this, it just caught me completely off guard. I waited a few hours to calm down, and respond to her and simply said "I had to decline the offer for personal reasons, but curious how did you find out?" and she said "Oo someone told me about it thats all....." and I didn't respond to that, as I'm trying to find a good response for it
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Evidence of the grapevine at your job, is up and running well.

Mar 16, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Hey Rome! It's good to hear from you. I just wish it was under happier circumstances :)

Well, the thing is that it is a very small world, especially if your both very well connected with mutual friends. As a result nothing stays secret for too long, especially something as big as what you were facing. It's really hard to say why she texted you, maybe she wanted to find out if you were really going to California without directly asking you or she may just want to re-open the lines of communication.

I'm actually unsure whether texting her back would be a good or bad thing. If I were you I would probably respond with a short, simple, and closed text like "Cool, well thanks for the good luck wish, later." This closes the conversation on your part and you're not thinking whether she will text you back. It's done and you continue on the path your on. On the other hand, if you just ignore the text you avoid the whole "What should I say?" dilemma.

Wait a little longer for some other responses. I'm sure the calvary will be here soon to offer some more advice.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Thanks Tal... Yea the grapevine is going well lol... Funny thing is, I haven't been at work the past 2 days so I don't know how it happened, I thought it would get out earlier or something

Confused.. Yea, we have to start meeting on happier terms ha ha. I might use your response because it's to the point, polite and also doesn't seem like I'm hanging onto the conversation longer than need be.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 11:59 AM
    You don't need to know how she found out. Monitoring the grapevine is a complete waste of your time. And it's not even what's got you in a bug, is it? It's just the topic you're using to mull it over.

No, you're just bugged she broke the No Contact (NC). Worse, you responded. So, the cat's out of the bag. You can't unring this bell.

Now it's simple, reestablish your friendship with this girl and STOP READING into what she says as if she were your girl. Friends don't do that to each other. She says "hi", you say "hi"... not "Oh my god, what does she mean by that?"

It would be so much less stressful if you went back to NC. But if you can't, you darn well better put on your best "friend" behavior and stifle thoughts like you're having right now. Waste of time and do you no good.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 12:17 PM
    I don't want to be friends with her, wouldn't ever work. I simply said exactly what Confused said. Civil, polite and ended the conversation. You're right, it does bug me she broke NC because it's been 2 months and then she gets wind I might be leaving and then texts me. I'm not going to be texting her all the time, not even at all. I simply responded being polite and then ended the conversation. If she says "hi" at work when we see each other, then I will respond with a hello as well. Those little conversations I can do, but there was no reason to text me

Mar 16, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Personally I would advise against re-establishing a friendship right now. I'm pretty sure Rome hasn't completely healed from the break-up so being friends at the moment is a bad idea. However, he should be polite when contact does occur between him and his ex, which I think he is doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search