Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 11:37 PM
    What have your family members found out about the tremor?

Does your ever go away and not affect you? If so, when?

(Are you male or female?)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KalFour
    Because if I can get it all out to begin with, I'll have nothing to hide, so nothing to lose by going over it all again later... that's the theory.
    If I talk it out... I might only say some things and not others... and still keep the rest bottled up and deny its existence.
    Would your first posts in this thread be a part of these revelations?
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jan 25, 2008, 11:45 PM
    I don't know... maybe. I've tried posting on here before (a different thread a few months ago), and got some good advice that I've completely failed to follow through on.
    I don't know why, but my emotions have been playing havoc with my mind... my attention span is waning far too rapidly, I feel like I'm losing control of my physical functions (mainly my hands) and for some reason I feel compelled not to let anyone know. I don't know... I don't want to burden people I guess.
    And I'm studying behavioural science... I really ought to be more aware of what I'm doing.

I'm female by the way. And 19.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 11:48 PM
    Did anyone in your family try medication for the tremor? Have you ever had meds to improve your emotional life?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 11:55 PM
    Also, what about sleep and nutrition? Do you get a restful night's sleep usually? How is your food intake, especially caffeine?

And exercise? Any regular thing you do, like yoga?

Jan 25, 2008, 11:59 PM
    The only medication in my family has been self-prescribed weed by my schizophrenic auntie and a couple of people who've gone on anti-depressants. My grandmother got medicated for her shakes, but only once it reached fully-fledged parkinson's disease when she was quite a lot older than I am now.
    My brother is recognised as having muscle dystrophy because his shakes were the worst when we were all younger, so he's been given exemption from hand-writing essays/notes etc. But his hasn't degenerated at all since then. Everyone in my family seems to be the same as they ever were in regards to the shaking. But mine's been getting worse and I don't know why... anxiety maybe?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 12:05 AM
    What about the diet-exercise-sleep question?

Are you anxious?

Jan 26, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Also, what about sleep and nutrition? Do you get a restful night's sleep usually? How is your food intake, especially caffeine?

And exercise? any regular thing you do, like yoga?
    Sleeping habits are... appalling. I've had mild insomnia since I was about 12. It varies. I find it difficult to sleep at night, but can often fall asleep during the day when I shouldn't... it's more of an avoidance technique than tiredness though.
    I have about 1 cup of tea or coffee every day on average. Not heaps.
    I exercise a fair bit. My main form of transport is bicycle and I also have a lot of outdoor social activities that I get into, like hiking and kayaking. But there's nothing with regular routine, no organised sports and no daily workout. Just daily cycling, everyday activities related to my workshop, plus whatever I'm doing with friends.

Jan 26, 2008, 12:08 AM
    And yes... I'm often anxious.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Have you ever tried acupuncture for your tremors?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 12:09 AM
    Anxious about well-defined things or more nebulous things that you couldn't explain?

Jan 26, 2008, 12:16 AM
    I've never tried acupuncture. I don't have a needle phobia, so could probably handle it... though maybe not afford it.
    And I get anxious fairly often. I have a lot of people who confide in me... often about pretty serious issues. So I guess I'm getting vicarious stress on top of everything else and it makes me anxious about people. I feel responsible for a lot of people's wellbeing.
    And just in general, if I'm under pressure or feel that I'm being judged, it tends to make me anxious. Sometimes I get anxious over some very trivial things. Sometimes I feel nervous for no reason at all. But as I said, I'm getting very good at going blank or forcing a smile that seems genuine, so people often don't notice.

Kal
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 12:19 AM
    The cost of the acupuncture could be managed somehow (maybe). You're somewhere in the UK?

Why do people confide in you? And why do you feel responsible for them?

Jan 26, 2008, 12:32 AM
    No, I'm in Australia.
    People confide in me because I'm patient, tolerant and discreet. Actually, there have been more than a few incidents where complete strangers have also approached me seeking help... often for completely bizarre things. I guess I look trustworthy or something.
    But unbeknownst to them, I'm also inclined to completely over-empathise and then allow their problems to become my own.
    I care about people... often too much. But I hate it when they know enough to worry about me.

Jan 26, 2008, 12:35 AM
    I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow. Thank you for replying.

Kal
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 12:38 AM
    I understand. That's why I became a counselor. People confided in me, so I figured I should get the training I needed to actually help them rather than just listen and take their baggage onto my own back.

You had said "uni" so I had guessed UK.

I promise you I won't worry about you. Actually, I think you have too much on the ball and are too smart to be worried about. Worry wouldn't get me anywhere anyway.

Jan 26, 2008, 09:30 PM
    It's funny... I feel like I've been deceiving everyone about my emotions... and yet recently, when I've tried to be honest, nobody believes me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Interesting. No one cares about MY emotions or wants to hear about them.

Jan 26, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Do you want to talk about it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Nah. I'm too together now and can handle it. But thanks.

Does everyone in Oz wear their heart on their sleeve?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Agave transplant [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a new member and this is my first posting. Ineed to relocate an Agave and do not have option to dig it up. Any help out there for me?

Corneal transplant [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is having corneal transplant surgery and she wants to know what to expect. Can someone recommend some sites that can help her?:(

Eye transplant [ 1 Answers ]

Why can't eyes be transplanted?what are the technical difficulties?

Transplant [ 5 Answers ]

Three days ago. I had to move a Bloodgood Maple from the front of the house to get it out of the sun. That was not a problem because it was fairly new and still retained the shape from the original container. The Problem is that I had to moved it into a shady spot which had a six foot...

View more questions Search