Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dai1953 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Plumbing rough in
    Can anyone tell me how high from the finshed floor should I rough in the drain and water pipes for a kitchen sink. I am also installing a disposal. Should the drain be centered with the sink or to the right since the disposal will be installed

Thank you,
    Danny
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 9, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dai1953
    can anyone tell me how high from the finshed floor should i rough in the drain and water pipes for a kitchen sink. iam also installing a disposal. should the drain be centered with the sink or to the right since the disposal will be installed

thank you,
    danny
    We rough in our kitchens at 18" off the floor to the center of the stub out. Some plumbers rough in lower at 14 or 16 inches.
    Roughing for a disposal we center the stubout and use two traps. One to pick up the disposal and the other to pick up the sink. Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Tom is right about the height but newer installs tend to go lower. The reason, people are using more granite with undermount sinks which can lower your drain height for the disposal. Twice, I went to homes to remount plumbing after new counter tops and sinks, only to find that my lateral drain line was about 1" below the rough in drain. What a mess when that happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is rough in plumbing? [ 2 Answers ]

After Hurricane Katrina, I had to have run new gas lines, water lines, and hotwater heater. The problem is now the plumber says I paid for roughing in, not installation. I am not sure what all is involved with roughing in. I don't have cut off valves on gas or water lines, no flange for toilet,...

Rough In Plumbing [ 4 Answers ]

This is how a plumber has roughed-in a section with a tub & toilet. I would have thought the vent would have been put on the toilet end. Please view pic... and let me know your thoughts. Thanks http://www.draftingdan.com/PICS/ruffplumb.gif

Rough plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

When doing a rough plumbing can you install all fixtures on the same stack or do you have to install the toilet on its own?

Rough in plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wanting to add a shower to a 1/2 roughed basement. It already has a toilet and sink rough. I'm wondering were to attach the shower drain, and does it need a separate vent or will the vent from the sink work. I know it needs a p trap and it will be 2" pipe. Any other suggestions would help...

Rough in Plumbing Help Needed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I would like to rough in the following valves and would like some guidance. I contacted the manufacturer and they provided minimal help. While I do have experience having put in only 5 new baths for friends and family, some if these values type are new to me. Thanks The final...

View more questions Search