Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garrod47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Blood stained stools
    We have just purchase a Highland Terrier which is nearly 9 weeks old.
    He is quite small and a bit of a runt of the litter but very lively. Since we
    Bought him home his motions have been very loose and some seem to blood stained.
    Yesterday his seemed to be straining and only passed blood and mucus.
    Could you tell me what the problem is and if this is common in puppies.
    He is having his first injection today at the vets.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Garrod, I am sorry I didn't see this earlier. I hope that you see this before you get to the vets office. Please take a sample of his stool with you when you take the puppy in for his appointment. It needs to be analyzed by the vet and should be part of your discussion with him/her. It could be that he simply needs a deworming, or it could be something else. The only way to know for sure what is going on is to work with your vet on this.
    Ratna Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 03:13 AM
    I think you need to take the dog to the vet urgently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blood and mucus in puppy stools [ 1 Answers ]

My 8 week old puppy has had 2 stools that were loose and had blood and mucus in them, is this parasites?:confused:

Kittens stools ; what colur they supposed to be [ 1 Answers ]

I have two nine week old kittens and have never had kittens before and wondered is green stools something to worry about

Six mth old puppy has slimey stools :/ [ 1 Answers ]

I took my puppy to a dog park earlier in the day and he stopped to do his business and I bent over to pick up his stools in the doggy bag and recoil in horror:eek:... his poop has a slimey greenish-yellow film over it. Anyone know what can cause this and should I call the vet and reschedule his...

I have blood in my stools [ 2 Answers ]

Here is a breakdown. I am 32 years old. Female. Three kids. Smoker for 18 years. I have blood in my stool and stomach cramps along with diaria. I have to get a colonoscopy done to find out what is wrong. Now I'm on my period even though I just got off it two weeks ago. I feel dizzy and weak and...

More blood in stools [ 1 Answers ]

I went to my PCP about a month ago for a small amount of blood in my stools. He said it was internal Hemmrroids from pregnancy and no big deal and told me to expect more. Since then my stool s have turned to pebble like at each movement and today they were covered in bright red blood, It was the...

View more questions Search