Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 8, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Marijuana in California
    I have a question regarding California marijuana laws. I know that for under 28 grams of possession of marijuana in the state of California, you can't get arrested and there is just a fine. I was wondering, does anyone know about enhancment laws for repeated arrests of possession of marijuana. Can they ever enhance a personal amount to a felony? Any California lawyers out there, or any citizens that have experienced it?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 03:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lh711
    if you live in california and use marijuana what is stopping you from getting your card?

also, check out
    www.ca.norml.org
    I don't see anything in the original question about problems obtaining some kind of card.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 04:32 AM
    interinfinity was asking about enhancement laws for repeated arrests for possession of marijuana.

It would be good to know if interinfinity was asking the question as it relates to the medical use of marijuana.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Hello ih:

Isn't the card for sick people - not just loadies??

excon

Jan 16, 2008, 03:15 PM
    to answer the above questions let me state two important facts.

A) I am not a resident of California, however I was born in that state. I reside in louisiana/texas

B) I would like to move back to California, and if possible get the card.

if I were to get a card, my question has no relavance. However I do not have aids, I do not have cancer(yet) and I do not have glaucoma, although I know it is easy to get a card.

I think part of the reason I am asking this question is because I AM a marijuana user, I use it illegally, and I see no reason for me not to smoke it, weather it be legally or illegally. However I have been sober for 14 months, that is besides the point, I'm on probation etc etc. I want to live the rest of my life arrest free, and I never want to stop smoking. That's why I posted this. I don't need to be told that its wrong, that I need rehab, because I currently live in a treatment center and like I said, I am sober. I was to just smoke a joint or 2 every day for the rest of my life without the fear of one day being raped in prison. Of course I do not condone breaking laws. But I do agree with changing laws. I think the people of California are doing what's granted to them in the constitution. The states have the rigth to pass their own laws with regard to marijuana in my mind. If I enjoyed throwing up, I would do what most people do, I would become a raging alcoholic and drink in my home, and it wouldn't be an issue. But I think its unfair that potheads can't do the same thing. And I am against drugs in general. I think the mandatory miniumum for things like cocaine and heroin trafficking should be 20-life. It is unfair for the government to classify cocaine as a schedule II drug and weed as schedule I. our laws are out dated, our laws make little rational sense, and the laws need to be changed. So, while I respect your opinions, someone please answer the question.

Do enhancement laws for pot exist in California. I plan to move there, and if I can't get a card. I don't think I want to announce on the internet that I plan on breaking a law when I get there. So I'm not going to say that I plan to smoke weed ever again. This is just one potheads quest for knowledge. Don't hate on me =)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Hello again, I:

I don't know if they have enhancement laws in California, but I'm sure they do. They ALWAYS count your record against you.

If all you're going to do is smoke pot, I can't believe they'll bust you EVEN if you don't get a card. But, I'll bet you can get one.

I have a prescription here in the state of Washington. But, because its medicine, I don't enjoy it. ;)

Nobody here hates pot smokers.

excon

Jan 16, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon

Nobody here hates pot smokers.

excon
    how could anyone =) all they do is eat and watch TV

excon go read my other question I posted today lol. I'm sure you already have
    boltz182 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 11:47 AM
    I am on probation as well your po will not allow you to get your card until you are off probation and they will violate for it as well especially if you have a dirty test

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marijuana Test! [ 66 Answers ]

Ok my mother is forcing me to go for a medicals check up cause I haven't had one in like years and for some reason she thinks I could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes) I know its rediculose but now I'm freaking out cause I just realized there going to check my...

Marijuana smoke [ 7 Answers ]

My son was with people in a car and they were smoking marijuana. A blunt it was called. He had to take a drug test and was fine with it because he was told it was not in his system because he did not smoke it. He then was told later that it could come out positive. What is the right answer.

Marijuana Test damn! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok my mother is forcing me to go for a medicals check up cause I haven't had one in like years and for some reason she thinks I could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes) I know its rediculose but now I'm freaking out cause I just realized there going to check my...

Marijuana and Drug tests [ 4 Answers ]

Hullo there. I have smoked pot before, 4 times throughout last year. They were in spaces of about 2 to 3 months apart from each time. Last time was last Tuesday. (4th time that I had pot) Anyway, here is my question. If I've only had pot 4 times before --- I'm thinking about applying for...

View more questions Search