Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sfoxer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 02:25 PM
    anti garnishment letter
    The value of a couple of investment houses in Michigan fell so drastically that I had no choice but to foreclose. I had 2nd mortgages on both and just received a letter that they plan on collecting. I now live in TX where I understand my wages cannot be garnished and my question is, if I supply my bank with an anti-garnishment letter, will that prevent the seizing of my bank account if they get a judgement in court?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Hello s:

Your wages can't be garnished, but your bank account can be seized. Once the funds are in your account they're fair game. I would request that my payroll department issue a paper check and not direct deposit.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Have no idea what a anti garnishment letter is, but a garnishment is what happens to your pay check, An attachment is what happens to a bank account, in Texas they may still attach money that is in your bank.

So no bank accounts, pay bills with money orders, and your savings in a deposit box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt Validation Sworn Denial Letter Valid 30 Days After Demand Letter Michigan [ 9 Answers ]

Zwicker has sued me for alleged debt and I am representing myself in Michigan in court. The details are as follows. I have only received one demand letter from them dated December 26, 2006. The letter did not provide any information that is required by the Fair Debt Collections Act to dispute...

Small Claims Debt Validation Sworn Denial Letter Valid 30 Days After Demand Letter my [ 1 Answers ]

Zwicker has sued me for alleged debt and I am representing myself in Michigan in court. The details are as follows. I have only received one demand letter from them dated December 26, 2006. The letter did not provide any information that is required by the Fair Debt Collections Act to dispute...

Commitment letter given & contract of buy is signed, can denial letter make/break? [ 4 Answers ]

My parents "were" in the process of selling their home. The buyers had gotten approved for the loan and signed the contract to close on the house. They put down 1/2 of their down payment as one of two. The second payment would be transferred at closing. The shady buyers decided they...

Judement Letter / Answer Letter "In Process" [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons and did not act upon it in the 30 days ( I was seeking legal advise The Volunteer Lawyer Project is backed up). I am permanently disabled and have no real property. My social security check is direct deposited. I called the court and they said it hasn't been acted on and I...

What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Just curious as to what works best for you? Take care, Happy Holidays to you and yours

View more questions Search