Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattygirl Posts: 131, Reputation: 3

Jan 8, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Would we be able to adopt?
    My husband and I are unable to have children and I have been thinking a lot about adoption. The problem is that my husband got a misdemeanor a few years ago and I am wondering if this would make us ineligible?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 10:11 AM
    It may depend on what the misdemeanor was for, if he was a minor at the time and your state laws.
    Check your possibilities for taking care of the misdemeanor before going for any adoption.
    This might give you an idea of possibilties you can check into.

Berkeley Parents Network: Will my misdemeanor charge prevent me from adopting?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopt again? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a six month old son who is adopted. I brought him home with me when he was 9 days old... I am single but I want to adopt again. I am financally stable, have a wonderful job that allows me to be with my son, and I have the room in my home. My friends and family say I'm crazy though... is it...

Can He Adopt Her [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was 2 years old when I got married. My husband wanted to adopt her and her natural father was all for it. I am no longer married but my exhusband has been there for every program, scraped knee and has many times helped with finance for my daughter. My ex and I also have a child together...

I want them to adopt me [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14, I'm living with a family who are kind of my foster family, we are getting a residency order put in place, I want them to adopt me, and they would be more than happy to, but we don't think my birth parents would agree to it, it would be messy. I was wondering what would have to happen if we...

Want to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

What would to necessary steps be to adopting a 26 illegal immigrant. He has a tax ID number and has never been in troulble with the law and has been paying taxes for three years. Hes a great man I would like to help... Any ideas!!

Looking to adopt... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Interested in finding information regarding domestic and international adoptions in Massachusetts. Do anyone have any recommendations on where to start? Thanks, Remodel

View more questions Search