Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miss Sparkle Posts: 111, Reputation: 6

Jan 11, 2008, 10:06 AM
    I hadn't seen him for 3 months then went back for christmas, and all the feelings casme back. I kind of feel like I'm back to day one, crying, thinking about him the whole time. Since the break up the only thing that stopped me thnking of him was when I went on the rebound
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Nothing has helped me stopped thinking about her. Everything reminds me of her, and then it happened a week before x-mas... That was a killer, I had the worst x-mas ever. I'm not bragging, but I am an attractive guy. The moment my myspace went to single I had a few past flames IMing and texting me. I just couldn't do it, I had every opportunity and yet she's all I think about. I just wish I could know how she moved on so easily, like give me a hint or something.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    Nothing has helped me stopped thinking about her. Everything reminds me of her, and then it happened a week before x-mas...That was a killer, I had the worst x-mas ever. I'm not bragging, but I am an attractive guy. The moment my myspace went to single i had a few past flames IMing and texting me. I just couldn't do it, I had every opportunity and yet she's all I think about. I just wish I could know how she moved on so easily, like give me a hint or something.
    I feel you. Mine happened a week before x-mas as well. Actually, it happened the week of finals.

finals week... tanked. Oof. Then on x-mas, all of my friends were gone, my family went out of town and I stayed behind because my ex and I were supposed to go snowboarding.. . suffice it to say, I was home alone on x-mas with a movie and a microwaveable pizza. Things picked up nicely afterwards though. Went out with a buncha friends... girls started calling to hang out... but yeah. I feel you. Just not ready at all.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Like New Years.. I partied harder than I ever have before.. Not to forget her, but just to feel OK. I had the patented New Years kiss with some random girl that was a wedding dress model and I felt nothing! I drank until I eventually passed out just because I'm 21 and never really drank like that before. I know everyone will say drinking isn't the answer, but it was a fun time with friends who kept asking me to do shots with them. All it did was make me wake up feeling lost and alone even more. I hate sleeping anymore because all I do is dream about her. Then I wake up with nothing... How long were you guys together?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Why would you ask for another chance when he is the one that dumped you. If he says he is not ready to commit I assume if he was ready he would let you know.
    It's winter and you're probably a bit down. Don't go back to bad news. Look ahead.
    Kickersnick Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Hey there... one thing I have learned is that if a relationship didn't work the first time - chances are it's not going to work a second time either. You two split up for reasons that may not have been yours and even if he gave you a second chance, those reasons would still be in his mind and would probably come up again in the very near future of you two getting back together. Rule of thumb is that you should never date an ex again. Hope that helps!
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 11:23 AM
    I disagree with the not dating an ex again. I feel as though if both parties hash out their differences BEFORE they get back together, it could work out. I know a bunch of couples that broke up and got back together and now they are engaged. But COMMUNICATION is key. You can't get back into the relationship and expect things to be the way they were. Issues must be talked about and worked out before anything can be accomplished
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
    He left her. If he wants her back, it's his move to make. She does not need to beg some guy who dumped her to take her back.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 12:37 PM
    I'm not saying to beg at all... No way.. I was just disagreeing with people who say dating an ex again never works... Because it does... My parents broke up all the time when they were dating in high school(HS sweethearts) and now they have been married 25 yrs... and my aunt and uncle 33 yrs.. same thing
    Kickersnick Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Well I consider your parents and your uncle lucky then. I have not seen it work that way - not now-a-days.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 12:58 PM
    I have a few friends it has worked for... It's rare, but can be done if it's handles maturely. The common mistake I see happening is that they end up rushing back into the relationship and don't work on why they broke up to begin with.. Then it's doomed. If you at least have the communication, you have a fighting chance.
    thisisjo Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    I have a few friends it has worked for...It's rare, but can be done if it's handles maturely. The common mistake I see happening is that they end up rushing back into the relationship and don't work on why they broke up to begin with..Then it's doomed. if you at least have the communication, you have a fighting chance.

Good answer . Defo don't rush back into the relationship.. You don't pick up where you left off. You start again, a new relationship! Identify all the issues and take things slow. There is no harm in trying anything. Lifes to short to do what's right all the time..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is there still a chance? [ 37 Answers ]

When two people break up because of circumstances, not because they lost feelings for each other. Is there a chance that they will get back together eventually? My boyfriend and I broke up because of circumstances, I tried to convince him out of it, but it has been so far unsuccessful. I told...

Any chance at all? [ 1 Answers ]

Two incidents during this time have got me worried a little. 1) One time me and boyfriend were rubbing against each other, though were both fully clothed, with at least 3-4 layers of clothing between us. I don't know whether he ejaculated or not, but later I got worried because his penis was...

How do I ask for a second chance? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I really really stuffed up. I went with a girl for a few months and later started to find out heaps of background info about her past that answered a lot of things I was uncertain about with her. But those things I learnt were really dark. THings that really confused me and made me pretty...

View more questions Search