Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alcon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 07:11 AM
    Black hair to brown
    Hello

I've got a problem with my hair I died it black 5 mouths ago and now I want it brown so I've tried dying it blond but now my roots are ginger and my ends are black problem is I live in spain now so I don't now how to get hair stripers and I can't use a hair dresser because I don't now what to say so I'm stuck what do I do thank you very much joy :D
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 8, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Keep in mind that black hair is the most difficult to lighten. Dark hair contains red pigments in it, so if you apply a blonde permanent hair color on dark hair, it will result in red/ginger tones. If you want a decent brown shade, you must pre-lighten the hair, then deposit the selected color. You can use a high-lift color to lift hair color, however, a high-lift color can make the hair brassy. Just tell the hair stylist what color you want, and he or she will try to achieve your desired color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black hair, dyed brown, how can I dye it ash brown? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi I have naturally very dark brown hair, its pretty much black. I have been dying it black for the past two years. Today I bleached it and then dyed it "light ash brown". Obviously it didn't come out "ash" at all it more like a golden brown. My hair is actually still very healthy after...

From black to brown hair again [ 3 Answers ]

Which is more effective, Colorfix or Color Zap and which is more gentle to the hair? Thanks, Maureen :confused:

Can I dye my black hair brown? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been dying my hair black with permanent dye for about five years. The last time I dyed it was four months ago, and now I want to dye it dark brown. Can I just dye over it or do I have to get rid of the black first?

Black to Light brown hair [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so here is my problem. I have a natural, very dark brown hair color. Black if you will. I am aiming for a light brown color. Like around the same color as L'oreal Feria's Downtown Brown or Brownstone. And, I am wondering if it is possible to dye my hair from black to that specific shade of...

I have blonde AND black hair. And I want to go brown. How do I do it? [ 2 Answers ]

Back in January of this year I started dying my hair blonde on top and black underneath. At that time, it was different, and no one had it. Now it seems everywhere I go I see it now, and I just want to go to more my natural color, which is dirty blonde/brown. But I'm afraid if I do the color...

View more questions Search