Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily329 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Bleeding at 6.5 weeks pregnant - scared
    Can anyone help?

Has anyone had bleeding at 6.5 - 7 weeks pregnant and had a successful outcome.

I have had 3 previous miscarriages all earlier than I am now. Yesterday I had pink mucousy discharge on wiping after going to the loo and today again orange/brown mucus. Its not much but its definitely there Minimal lower back cramping. I still feel sick and off my food.I have had a scan already as I have miscarried before and it put me at 6 weeks last week and I saw a heartbeat.

Please share similar experiences. I feel so low. I am getting another scan next week.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Well, when I was 7 weeks along I started spotting brown discharge. I called my dr. and was told it was okay because it was just old blood but, they would get me in the next day for an ultrasound just to make sure everything was fine. Later that evening, I started bleeding bright red. Of course, I was scared to death. Called the dr. on call and he told me that if I was going to miscarry, there was nothing he could do - it was just nature taking it's course. (believe me, that didn't help)
    By morning, the bleeding had stopped. I went in for my ultrasound, so scared, and I got to see my "peanut" with a heartbeat.

I was told that the bleeding was probably from having sex. I guess when you are pregnant, everything swells. We did not properly lubricate and broke some blood vessels.
    We were put on "restriction" until I made it to the 2nd trimester.

Seven years later, I have a beautiful little girl. I consider it a success!
    Hope this helps.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Jan 8, 2008, 05:42 PM
    My friend had heavy bleeding at 9 weeks andshe is now 6 months pregnant with a girl
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Don't wait go though the doc as soon as possible
    emily329 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 03:17 AM
    Well,

I have continued to have light brown discharge since I last wrote
    I still feel a bit sick but don't need to pee over night anymore.
    I am pretty sure I have miscarried but have to wait until Friday to find out.
    Feel so sad. We have decided that we can't facew going through this anymore and are going to stop trying for baby number too. Its too heartbreaking to keep losing all these babies.
    brown_eyes_3546 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jan 9, 2008, 04:04 AM
    It may not be a miscarriage so don't lose hope yet. I had to go to the hospital at about 8 weeks with ehavy bleeding and I found out that I had a very severe yeast infection that was simply from the hormone change of being pregnant. They gave me a treatment and I stopped bleeding. I am sorry that you have to wait till Friday I would be in the ER raising h*ll till someone told me my baby was OK. Oh wait that's exactly what I did!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding Again 6 weeks after delivery [ 18 Answers ]

I had a baby six weeks ago. My normal post-pregnancy bleeding stopped about a week and a half ago, but today I noticed that I am bleeding again. It's light - but heavier than spotting. And bright red, so it's not like it's left over from having the baby or anything. Is this something I should be...

Bleeding for 5 weeks? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All! I am 29, have two children ages 4 and 2 and had a miscarriage in early August. I had an almost normal cycle after, then my second cycle I spotted a little bit, now my third cycle I've been bleeding/spotting for the past 5 weeks! My doctor says it's just mixed up hormones from the...

Bleeding for several weeks [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old (female, obviously). I have recently started taking birth control pills again. I am sexually active, but always use condoms. For the last 2 weeks, I have been bleeding. It started like a spotting, usually after sex. After a few days, it was basically my period, which would...

5 weeks pregnant and bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I am about 5 weeks pregnant and woke up this morning with brownish/red bleeding! It occurs only when I urinate and I have no cramping. Could this be a miscarriage? This is my second pregnancy and I didn't experience this with my first! HELP!

Still bleeding 8 weeks later [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth (via C-Section) 8 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I had a tubal ligation(also did D&C at that same time). I was spotting (mostly brown) after tubal and then 1 1/2 weeks after tubal, I started to spot red. Now (as of 2 days ago) I started having cramps and I'm bleeding heavier by the moment....

View more questions Search