Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Hillary lacks what Bill and Barack have?
    Bill and Barack walk into a room with confidence and sex appeal; Hillary walks into a room expecting everyone to kneel. Recent polling in Iowa and New Hampshire shows Hillary winning the female vote for ages 65 and older; Barack is winning the younger females. Hillary figured to win the female vote and it is breaking in the other direction. There is no way she loses those female votes and wins the election because she will not receive the votes of enough males to make up her losses. The big question may be whether entrenched Democrats will allow the upstart, inexperienced Obama to take the nomination? Or will they turn to Alpha male, Gore?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Given the Nixon example it would be wise for the Democrats to nominate the Goracle. Nixon as a sitting Veep lost an extremely close election . 8 years later he was the elected President.

I do not think that I can make a prediction at this point. This is what will happen in the coming days . Obama will win today in NH. Hillary will win an uncontested Michigan ,and will proclaim a comeback based on that . The key to me in in South Carolina. If Obama can take the majority of the minority vote there then I think he will be unstoppable. He is running as the 1st legit black candidate against the wife of the 1st black President .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    He is running as the 1st legit black candidate against the wife of the 1st black President .
    Hello tom:

He going to win too. I'd rather have Paul. I'd rather have Kucinich. I'd even take McCain over Billary.

But, I'm thrilled with what's going on with Obama. Do I know what he'll do? Nope. But, I know what he's NOT going to do.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Even that you can't be sure of . Washington perhaps did exactly what he said he would do and maybe Garfield (he did not have time to do something else as he died a few months into his Presidency ) . Most Presidents have surprised by doing something completely counter to what they campaigned on.

How do you know what Obama will not do when he has not articulated what he would do ?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 07:36 AM
    I heard some pundits last night assessing blame for Hillary's crash; some were laying responsibility on Bill, himself. Her 'slogan', experience matters, would work if it were a man with her credentials. But when Hillary talks about returning to the way we managed the government seven years ago, many are saying, 'No way'. And she is losing the females because her opponent is winning the physical attraction test. Unfortunately for the Dems, Obama can be elevated to 'movement' status or cult leader or newest fad in Washington; but he is not qualified by experience, education, or maturity to lead the USA, as far as I am aware. Therefore, when the heat of Summer yields to the heat of the presidential race in the Fall, I believe he will be vulnerable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend lacks desire to have sex with me. [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years now. In the beginning the sex was wonderful and more than 2 times a day sometimes... Now I'm lucky if I get it once a week. There was one time where we went 3 weeks without any, but then did it twice and not again for another 3 weeks because I...

Hillary says she is progressive [ 3 Answers ]

Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Glenn Beck says that is probably one of the most honest replies she (or any politician) has ever given. What do you consider the pros and the cons of progressivism??

1989 civic dx lacks power [ 1 Answers ]

I just took a 1989 civic dx out for a test drive but it seemed like it had no power is this normal... I've never driven one before, I put he pedal to the floor and it just kind of slowly accelerated but did it going pretty fast just had no power off the start or when I took my foot off and applied...

92 honda civic lacks power [ 1 Answers ]

My 92 civic has been misfiring. I changed the spark plugs, cables, cap & rotor. The car started then turned off. Apparently the distributor went out. I changed that, the car was running fine. Next day it starts to lose power. Not exactly it lacks power but it takes long for it to get going. It...

View more questions Search