Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Auntyanne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Thank you Sandypants, I will have to give it a try
    Auntyanne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 06:07 AM
    A reply from a hair care specialest would be great on this subject.
    ses33711 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 02:10 PM
    I recently had a severe reaction to black hair dye which landed me in the emergency room. My face became severely swolen and looked 50 years older. No joke. As a treatment, I was given benadryl every six hours and steroids once per day. I am currently on day 5 and finally beginning to look like myself again. I can no longer use black hair dye.
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Once you have an allergic reaction to a hair dye, it can be even worse if you use that product again.
    Fari18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2012, 12:29 PM
    Yes there is solution for your problem

The only solution for this problem is Light Mountain Natural hair Color & Conditioner
    It is the only hair color for those who are allergic to hair color Light Mountain natural Hair Color & conditioner is free from Ammonia, PPD & Peroxide for more details please visit our Page

Like this: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Light-Mountain-Natural-Hair-Color-Conditioner/168045576593306

Regards
    Farhan Khan Afridi

Email: [email protected]
    Call:+923333007964
    Kittyxavier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2012, 01:03 PM
    I have the same to most people, read lumps, watery on my scalp, and back of my years, lump at the back of my ears.

For me , normally only happens to Black or Blue Black hair dye, I dyed my hair brown once, it was totally no allergy for me.

Do contact doctor/dermatologist.

But for me , since I still want to color my hair, I would by this medication from pharmacy. It helps me to calm down the itchiness and lumps, in about days , the lumps are really dried up and will be gone.
    These medication works for me...
    1:Medication to apply on the lumps: Beprogel
    *Bethamethasone Dipropionate Topical Solution

2: Cetrizine or Zyrtec (Anti allergy pills)

But if you have swollen head or really severe, guess you'll need that injection.
    emberdeen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2013, 10:14 AM
    I'm a highly allergic person and have only been able to use Natural Instinct for a few years. A few months ago I used it and developed an itchy scalp, I'm afraid to use it. Over the past 4 days I've been using STRONGLY brewed BLACK TEA to rinse my hair. Coloring your hair this way takes patience. My hair is dark brown and my greys now have a light brown color with using the tea rinse. After rinsing out the tea at the end of the day, I use plain yogurt as a conditioner. My husband says my hair is super soft :-). I don't think I'll ever go back to hair color.
    ginger210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 11:45 PM
    Ive dyed my hair many times, same color, different brands. Never cared that much re: brand.
    Never a reaction to anything my entire life.
    This time the reaction took TWO WEEKS just to develop, 5 MONTHS to go away! Steroids, antihistamines, 6 doctors, many blood tests showing nothing but an allergic reaction to something.
    It is PPD. Finally after 6 months. A diagnosis.
    It is NOT IN FRENCH HAIR COLORS, you can buy on Amazon and health food stores. PPD free colors.
    Hives, unbearable itching, welts, bruises, lumps, weeping eyelids and eventually entire face, ears, down neck, worse and worse.
    I can not believe it took almost 6 months to leave me alone. I was about to throw in the towel.
    Be careful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergic reaction on using Hair colour [ 9 Answers ]

I am 53 years, more than 50% hair has become gray which is not acceptable to me. I tried many hair dyes to make it black but all of those causes allergic ( skin ) reaction. Now I am using henna, but its red colour is also unaccetable. How can I make my hair black without causing any allergic...

Allergic Conjunctivitis [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 month old black lab. He is a fine big dog for his age, but has been bothered by Conjunctivitis since an early age. I have had him to the vet numerous times in which he has had a biopsy to diagnose the problem, and a ‘scrapping’ out of the conjunctive follicles under anesthetic....

Allergic pitbull [ 2 Answers ]

My pit bull is severely allergic to grass, black ants, pollen, ceder, trees, fleas, etc. Basically she can't go outside without being sick. We love her like our child, and we hate to see her this way. She is always irritated. We give her benedryl, like the doctor perscribes, and she gets a shot...

Allergic to fruit [ 6 Answers ]

My children get severe diarreaha when they eat fruit they also get a painful, bloody, blistery rash on their bottoms and around their mouths. Everyone in my husbands family thinks that I am making it up and give them fruit behind my back.. what they don't see is that when I am with them they get...

Allergic reaction [ 2 Answers ]

Our dachsund got his distemper and rabies shot yeasturday. They said he may have a alergic reation and he is getting lumps that are coming and going throughout his head area. His ears are red on the inside too. Please advise, thank you

View more questions Search