Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peters01alm Posts: 39, Reputation: -2

Jan 7, 2008, 08:48 PM
    The foreskin
    What is the function of the foreskin in mammals ?
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Jan 7, 2008, 09:13 PM
    "Dr. Dean Edell (Insight from American's Doctor) What Is The Purpose Of The Foreskin?

What Is The Purpose Of The Foreskin?
    Posting Date: 02/26/1999

The foreskin has three known functions: protective, sensory, and sexual.

During infancy, the foreskin is attached to the glans and protects it from urine, feces, and abrasions from diapers. Throughout life, the foreskin keeps the glans soft and moist and protects it from trauma and injury. Without this protection, the glans becomes dry, calloused, and desensitized from exposure and chafing.

Specialized nerve endings in the foreskin enhance sexual pleasure.

The foreskin may have functions not yet recognized or understood. "
    jem02081 Posts: 65, Reputation: 19

Jan 7, 2008, 09:59 PM
    I not sure I would agree with Edell but Wikipedia has a couple of dozen of paragraphs on functions... enough?

Foreskin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Makes you wonder why they cut it off... religion or biology?
    peters01alm Posts: 39, Reputation: -2

Jan 8, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Specialized nerve endings in the foreskin enhance sexual pleasure.

Hi Ace, which explains why circumcised penises takes longer to arouse than uncircumcised ones ? Does the former penis still feel the same amount of pleasure anyway without the hood ?
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 10, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Almost all mammals have foreskins, although in these non-human cases the foreskin is usually a sheath into which the whole penis is retracted. Only monotremes lack foreskins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cracked foreskin! [ 2 Answers ]

I honestly need help. My boyfriend who is abit shy to come out and consult on a little problem needs my help. Every time we have sex he ends up with painful cracks on his foreskin ( he isn't circumsized). Sometimes he gets the cracks and dryness even without sexual intercourse especially when...

Foreskin [ 7 Answers ]

I have a serious problem here. My foreskin does not go back at all. First, I used to believe that its normal but now after listening from friends, I understood that the foreskin should go back. I have never had intercourse with girl till now. While masturbating it hurts a lot when I try to pull the...

Foreskin infection [ 1 Answers ]

My penis forskin is having some sort of infetction. A slight itching comes first and then it swollen slightly and even the opening hole is too small. I cannot pull back the skin now. Since last 4-5 weeks I am stryuggling with this. To pass urine no problem I am facing. I am 40 yrs of age. ...

Foreskin [ 2 Answers ]

A slight itching come in my foreskin and it started inflamated and having slight pain It reduces the size of the hole too. Around 2 years back I got this problem but after 4-5 weeks it has gone. Now it is come again two weeks back it is gone and again started. Now I cannot pull back the skin at...

Foreskin not going back [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 25 year old and I tried to pull my foreskin but its not going all the way back, it looks like something is attached to the forehead of my pennis to the skin, when I try to pull it, I feel so much pain and feel like its going to tear apart in middle, I had sex week ago and I can't put it...

View more questions Search