Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Singlemommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Getting Childsupport from Father in France
    My daughter's father is from the USA, but resides and works in France. I'm not sure if he is a French Citizen or not. I have been trying to get childsupport for awhile. County childsupport has not been able to locate an address on him, but they and I know he is there because he is on his companies website and I have spoken to him a few times from his France cell phone. The county have tried mailing letters to his company, but they come back undeliverable like it's the wrong address, but the address is on the website. How do I go about trying to collect childsupport in France?Do I hire a private investigator to find addresses, bank accounts, etc on him? Do I need to get an attorney in France to enforce my court order of childsupport? I really can't afford that. Do I register my case in France and go after him under French government? I don't really know what I would be entitled to under French law. I don't know if French government make parents pay childsupport. I'm lost at what I can and should do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Go to court and get the judge to order the child support garnished from the paycheck, If that company has a US branch, have them served with the notice of garnishment.

** If he is considered a US citizen working in France, he may well be working though a US division.

This was my first thought, you will need an attorney to be working onthis for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my father who is in FRANCE [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is jo and I am thirteen years old. I'm looking for my father who left when I was a baby and who I haven't seen all my life. If anyone knows him or has contact with him please share it with me. The details... His name is Matthew John Andrews and he was born in 1971. He used to live...

Does the child have the right to his childsupport [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I recently got guardianship over his yonger brother. He collects childsupport but his mon refuses to send it to him. Who has the right the childsupport the mother or the child?

Childsupport and time [ 11 Answers ]

I love my daughter very much and pick her up from school everday and drop her off to her mom everyday ,she is ten and has a learning disability so her home work takes up a lot of time .I have joint legal custody I also have her every other weekend,I keepasking her mom to drop child support or give...

Trying to find Birth Record of Father in France and Death Certificates of Grandparent [ 2 Answers ]

My father was born in Marseilles, France in 1911. He came to America in the 1930's. He received word his father, mother, sister and brother were killed During a bombing in World War II. They lived in Alsace Lorraine. My father Tried for two years to find any information on their deaths, but...

Born in France to an american Father [ 1 Answers ]

I havea friend who's American Father was working for the Secret Service in France when she was born to her French Mother. She has been told she could be deported to France and was brought here in 1962.. she was born in 1961. She has never been to France. IS she considered an american citizen? She...

View more questions Search