Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barkley1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 12:54 PM
    91 Civic showing CEL code 16.fuel inj circuit.
    One meaning shows "defective circuit or unplugged/defective fuel injector".

I've had problems with my main relay this summer in the heat... could it be that?

Just not sure what it means by that meaning on that 16 code.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Jan 8, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Yes, change the Main Relay, it is the main cause for your code historically, the Main Relay, a two relay assy, is responsible for power to the injectors for half of its job, the other relay sends power to the fuel pump.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 09:36 AM
    . Replace PGM-FI Main Relay.

. Check resistance of each fuel injector, if problem persists.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OBD code P0335 (crank position A circuit malfunction) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've been having problems with a 1.8 nissan primera (petrol) engine light is on OBD returned this fault. Has had crank sensor replaced which improved things slightly, but it's still not 100% and engine light is still on. The nissan dealer cleared the code memory and re-checked the OBD. Same...

92 civic without spark or fuel [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so my 92 honda civic lx is still not running. It wasn't getting any spark or fuel. I replaced the main relay and nothing. I checked the fuel pump for power,everythings fine there. So I did the map sensor test and from what people say on here. Its bad. I turned the key on so al the lights came...

94 civic no spark or fuel [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am in need of desperate help. As you see I was repairing my radiator. After I did so I was refilling it with the car on to burp the system.. I realized that I spilled some coolant everywhere so with the car on I hosed down the engine bay with water carefully insuring none go into the intake...

My honeywell thermostat is showing a code of -AC [ 1 Answers ]

My honeywell thermostat is showing a code of -AC what does that mean?

88 civic fuel pump [ 1 Answers ]

My 88 civic wasn't starting so I thought it was flooding. So I clamped off the fuel line with vice grips to stop the gas but it didn't help but left me with another problem. Now the fuel pump isn't pumping the gas to the throttle body. Did I damage the fuel pump by doing this or can I get it to...

View more questions Search