Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgiagamber Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 12:45 PM
    This guy is so confusing
    Awhile back, my best friends mentioned to the guy I liked that I liked him. His response was weird: “So I should be on the lookout?” I gave up. He did show some signs of interest in me after that but I assumed he was just trying to read me or just being friendly since we were friends just not close friends.

One night we got a bit tipsy though Im not sure how drunk he was, he does this thing where he has 2 drinks and “pretends.” anyway we flirted a lot and others there thought he liked me. Our friends there encouraged it. I almost told him I liked him last year. I went to his room and said “Lets talk” but just chickened out and left. He went “what happened” and left me 2 voicemails, one saying “Hope you got back to your room OK Ill see you tomorrow or IM you” and he did right away the next morning, his IM was there when I woke up. He was sober while doing this and he didn't tell his friends he did this.

But people there that night meddled without asking me and told him I’ve liked him since last year. His close friend who was there must have told everyone this because no one else knew this for sure. This friend told me he said he doesn't have feelings for me and that everyone else made it worse, but he’d like to be friends. I guess I should mention this guy has never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl. Im still pretty mad about this whole situation and I don’t talk to him or his friends hardly at all. This guy still says hi to me all the time on passing and a few times when he did it while I was walking with other people I didn't say it outloud back since he wasn't saying it directly to me. He asked a mutual friend why he didn't get a response back and later asked him if I was acting weird around him too. I assume he's worried he hurt my feelings but he also said my best friends never told him I liked him earlier though he def. understood what she said. Why did he do that?
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 7, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Words don't mean much. It sounds like to me that he likes you, but when teased about it, he didn't want to admit it. From a guys point of view, I think he likes you. Honestly, he sounds like a wuss when it comes to feelings and emotions. He won't make the move. You got to do it. And you might as well make it, because everyone on the whole planet knows you like him now, so it's out there. Take a shot, and if he accepts it, then all is good. If he doesn't accept it, then no hard feelings because everyone already knew anyway.

Or, you could do nothing, and wonder for the rest of your life what might have been. I didn't ask a girl out in 7th grade, and I wish I had because she liked me a LOT! I still think about it to this day. It's been 15 years. :P
    alyssarox32 Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Deffinently sounds like high school. Am I right? If that is the case, honey, build some confidence. People in high school will talk, they will gossip, they will make drama and they will create lies just to destroy your ego. Instead of relying on your best friends and other friends, why don't you ask him yourself? You will only get the real truth from him. Here's another thought to, why are you chasing him? Be strong girl! The more you chase him I garuntee the more disapointed you're going to be. Make him want to look at you; approach you; talk to you; ask you out. TRUST ME on this one, guys like the chase. Most of all though, be confident. There is nothing stronger than a persons confidence. Sometimes, that can kill people the most. And even if he turns you down, turn him down with your confidence. You know what to say. When I was in high school I did the same thing. I chased the guys and didn't let them come to me. Now I know better. Right now, I am with my boyfriend of 2 years and guess what, he did the running, not me. I hope this helped!
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 7, 2008, 01:32 PM
    I like what Alyssa said, but based on this guys actions, I don't know if he's really capable of asking her out. He sounds too scared/shy. Other than that, I agree 100% with what she said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Confusing Ex? [ 2 Answers ]

First and foremost; I would like to Thank you for taking the time to read this! I'm looking for some non-judgemental insight/advice on a very Confusing ex? It's a long story but he and I dated for almost 2 years and he Broke up with me suddenly because of his "hang-ups". Shortly after that ...

So confusing. [ 1 Answers ]

My man broke up with me 8 months ago. Due to commitment issues. He said he loved me but did not want to commit... and said it was not fair on me... We had some contacts until February. He was dating another. When he found out about me finding out his girlfriend, (his girlfriend phoned a friend of...

Confusing Behavior [ 3 Answers ]

Been having sex with a man I work with. When he hasn't "had me" for a few days he is SO attentive, kind and very flirty. Comes in an sits by my desk and talks for hours, I go out to smoke... he follows me. Calls me "pet" names all day. Then when I give in to all of his charm and attentive-ness...

What shall I do? Confusing [ 2 Answers ]

Been split up about 2-3 weeks with my girl, she said she needed space and for first week I did not give it her but last week I have. I sent her a text yesterday to se if she OK n she said she been thorugh a lot over weekendn, she asked if I w anted to go out with her and her mate but I said no...

Very confusing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Joe, If you're asking about this site, it's active. What's the problem? :o

View more questions Search