Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moneyph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Tenants living in my home no rent has been paid and 30 day notice given
    Do I have the right to change locks on house after 30 day notice was given and has expir ed tenants did not give me back the keys They have been living in that house for 2 years not paying any rent and no contract was every given between me and them I bought the house let them move in and they were to build there credit up and buy the house from me but from the time they moved in with no contract they didn't pay and rent agreed upon. I won't to go and change the locks I NEED ADVISE QUICK
    gianka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 10:54 AM
    In Florida you give 3 days notice to quit, making sure you have witness or take a picture of you serving the notice to the door.
    After, you go to the county clerk and file for Ejection with copy of the 3 days notice.
    They will allow ten working days to the tenant to produce his/her reason not to quit or not to pay the rent.
    After the ten days the Judge will ask the Sheriff to eject the tenants within a day's notice to quit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No notice entry/ re-rent / notice [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I signed a year lease three months ago. We are currently living in Tennesee. The lease is 20 pages in length with numerous addendums etc. etc. It appears "iron clad". I have two questions, if you answer please consider the state I live in with your reply. 1. The maintenance...

Lowering rent for new tenants [ 4 Answers ]

I signed a lease in a college-oriented apartment complex with an agreement to pay $525 a month. Only a few weeks later they have advertised the apartments at $475 a month. I have not even moved in yet and people are living in the same apartment for $50 cheaper. Is this legal? I tried to reason with...

Non-payment of utilities or rent by tenants [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! We have a rental house in north Georgia. The current tenants have been there since January 2006. Before they moved in, the house had been vacant for a few months & needed to have repairs made. That being the case, we had the electricity turned back on & had the gas tank filled so there...

One of Co-Tenants refusing to pay rent and security deposit [ 2 Answers ]

In my house in New Brunswick, NJ, one of my co-tenants is making an extremely unfair demand that would cause 8 of us to suffer unfairly because of that one person. The co-tenant says that if we don't agree to the demand, then she won't pay her security deposit and rent. Do we have to worry...

Paid here, not living here... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my inquiry is the following. I arrived to the US under a H1B visa in March 05, and worked here (paid by a US company in an US account) the whole year. In a couple of weeks I will be coming back to Europe (indefinitely), but for at least a year the US company will keep paying my salary in my...

View more questions Search