Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booz3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 10:16 PM
    Weathertron BAYSTAT240
    I am replacing a Weathertron thermostat BAYSTAT240; 3AAT80B1A1 with a Honeywell CT70A. The wiring identification are different. Is there a schematic anywhere to show the Weathertron wiring to letter code?

Booz3
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2006, 06:22 AM
    I can only suggest checking with Weathertron, perhaps their website. If the Honeywell follows the standard code, you can just connect it as follows.

Usually there is a 24 volt AC transformer in the furnace with the secondary winding connected to a red wire running to the thermostat and a blue wire, common, to the gas valve, A/C relay, and fan relay. From the thermostat there will be white wire to the gas valve, yellow to the A/C, and green to the fan. The thermostat is wired to switch the power from the red to the white, yellow, and green as needed with the blue completing the circuit. Most thermostats and furnaces have the contacts labeled R, B or C, W, Y, and G for the corresponding wire colors. It may be wired to have the A/C control wires return to the furnace and its controls and then a second wire goes to the A/C unit. Internal wiring may replace the green wire if the thermostat does not give you the option of fan only or continuous fan. Digital or programmable thermostats may need the blue wire connected to them.

This may also help yopu figure out the Weathertron.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rplacing Weathertron thermostat with White Rodgers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a heat pump with auxiliary electric heat controlled by a Trane Weathertron thermostat. I am attempting to upgrade the thermostat with a programmable White -Rodgers(1F85-277)heat pump thermostat.I want to verify the correct wiring hookup for White-Rodgers Thermostat to the current...

BAYSTAT240 to Honeywell TH8320 Conversion [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to switch my BAYSTAT240 thermostat to a Honeywell vision pro 8000 (TH8320U1008). My old settings were: O: Orange G: Green Y: Yellow X2: Connected to white along with W B: Blue W: (jumpered to U): White

Baystat240 to Hunter 44760 Thermostat Conversion [ 2 Answers ]

Switching over from Weathertron Baystat240 to Hunter 44760. Current wiring on Baystat is: R: Red T: Brown O: Orange G: Green Y: Yellow X2: Vacant B: Blue W: (jumpered to U): White

View more questions Search