Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 11:21 AM
    Thanks beth et all! :) Tomorrow is my wedding, a very small one really, at our home. I'm wearing my biological mother's wedding dress (very vintage!), and we're getting the whole affair catered by a close friend. After the wedding we will watch the election results (ugh how romantic, eh? ) and since the weather is supposed to be very nice, we're thinking about going around to all the campaign headquarters, with me in my wedding dress LOL. Seriously though I've always loved going to campaign headquarters just before election results.

Alex's parents got here yesterday from BC and are out shopping right now. My "parents" are arriving on the plane from Victoria tonight. I JUST finished getting everything cleaned up and ready for tomorrow. I didn't get much help from Alex as he's been working overtime at the hospital the past few days. We are going on a 2-week honeymoon after the wedding, and so he needed to work extra in order to "earn" the time off. Anyway I'm exhausted from preparations and cleaning and just trying to catch up on things here at the site before I disappear for a while again! :p We are taking Alex's laptop on our honeymoon but hopefully we won't be using it too much! :D

Anyway thanks again everyone and I'll talk to you again soon I hope!
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2006, 07:54 AM
    Well, our wedding was very nice! Very simple, but it turned out well. Everyone who came voted first! ;) Actually I missed most of the election coverage... after the ceremony we ate and danced a bit and then started watching the results... but I fell asleep on the couch just as the results from Ontario were coming in, and I didn't wake up again until after 11 pm, and then it was all over. Alex's parents are crashing here so our wedding night was not exactly romantic, LOL. After waking up at 11, I was up again until about 1 am, talking to Alex's dad about the new government, and Alex went to bed exhausted, haha. Now this morning I am up before anyone else, go figure, and so I'm having some "alone time" (other than the needy cat and dog of course) here on the computer. We don't leave for our honeymoon until Thursday now, because there's been a bit of a change of plans. We were going to go whitewater rafting and snowboarding, but then we realized DUH I am pregnant, so that's likely not such a good idea! Anyway we are going to Vancouver Island on Thursday, for 2 weeks. We may also go to Seattle at some point during the 2 weeks.

The most exciting and unexpected thing was our present from both sets of parents... they got together and gave us a sizeable downpayment towards a new house!! Currently we are living in a small 2-bedroom bungalow that I am renting. Alex gave up his apartment to move in with me a few weeks ago. Anyway it's small and cramped, especially when we have company... and I suspect with me having a child soon we will have lots of visits from the parents, so it would be nice if they didn't have to sleep on the hide-a-bed in the living room. Plus I want a nice room for the baby. So when we get back from our honeymoon, we are going house hunting... wooo!

Anyway guess you guys will have to put up with me for another day or so, haha, before we leave for our trip! :p
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Hey Orange,

I am glad you had a wonderful wedding.

I have never been to BC, but I have been to Seattle. If you do go to Seattle, go to the Space Needle, eat at the restaurant. I enjoyed it a lot. Although maybe the CN Tower in Toronto is better, but I live in Toronto so to me it's not the same.

Also, in Seattle, Pike Place Market (I think... It's around Pike St & 1st Ave) had amazing stuff.

Again, congratulations on a great wedding!!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Wedding Day
    Congratulations on your wedding day. Happy everything turned out great. Keep intouch and enjoy your honeymoon.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2006, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    Hey Orange,

I have never been to BC, but I have been to Seattle. If you do go to Seattle, go to the Space Needle, eat at the restaurant. I enjoyed it a lot. Although maybe the CN Tower in Toronto is better, but I live in Toronto so to me it's not the same.

Also, in Seattle, Pike Place Market (I think...It's around Pike St & 1st Ave) had amazing stuff.

Again, congratulations on a great wedding!!!

Thanks for the congratulations and the suggestions about Seattle... I totally forgot about the Space Needle. I've been to the CN Tower twice and the Calgary Tower countless times (I live only a few hours' drive from Calgary), and also the tower in Vancouver, whose name escapes me at the moment. So, I guess I should add the Space Needle to my list of visited towers! The real reason I personally want to see Seattle is because Stephen King's miniseries Rose Red was shot there, LOL. I am weird when it comes to sci fi and horror shows of all kinds. But your suggestions sound great too and I'm sure Alex will appreciate going somewhere that is NOT a filming location, haha.

Thanks for your wishes too, JesusHelper. Yes I will definitely keep in touch. If I'm not on here at all during the holiday (we're taking the laptop with us), I will for sure be around again after the honeymoon. :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2006, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    and also the tower in Vancouver, whose name escapes me at the moment.
    Could it be:

The Vancouver Lookout

http://www.vancouverlookout.com/
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 10:33 PM
    Yup that's it, thanks for the link. Weirdly enough I have a desire to go there right now, but we are on Vancouver Island at the moment. Alex is not feeling well today, but as soon as he's better we are heading for the States and Seattle. :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 11:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Yup that's it, thanks for the link. Weirdly enough I have a desire to go there right now, but we are on Vancouver Island at the moment. Alex is not feeling well today, but as soon as he's better we are heading for the States and Seattle. :)
    Your quite welcome.

And I hope Alex feels better. An upset stomach is never a fun event.

Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2006, 11:17 AM
    Thanks CaptainForest! Unfortunately, poor Alex is still sick, has been since Sunday, and he kicked me out of the hotel room we were staying in, because he's worried I'll get sick too and I am pregnant. So I'm staying with my adoptive parents until he's better. I feel bad for Alex, but at the same time, I am enjoying myself, LOL. I'm on Vancouver Island, and my parents have been taking me out practically every day to do different things... the weather is gorgeous, and I have been doing a lot of sketching. My adoptive father loves photography, so we go out together... he takes photos and I sketch. Then sometimes I also sketch from the photos he's taken.

Anyway I hope Alex gets better soon, poor bugger!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About the wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting merried on Saturday and I am trying to find some good songs that can be played at the reception. Is there anyone out there that can give me any names of songs. It can be any song. The group that is going to be there is a mix of young and old as me and the sonn to be are only 26, but on...

Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I fiancé and I are planning our wedding which started to be a large affair.. However, with everyone’s lack of interest I would just rather elope. My family lives 3000 miles away and I’ve tried communicating by phone with what needs to be done but it just ends up in an argument. My mother is not as...

2006 Election website [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a website that has the issues that will be on the state ballots(Michigan for me) thanks in advanced for any help.

Wedding help [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! Could use some advice... we live in a rural area where it seems to be custom to asking neighbors (invited as guests) to help clean up the bride/groom's table, doing dishes, setting out food on buffet arranged tables, etc. My husband and I always argue every time I get one of these invites...

Nj s election [ 1 Answers ]

Is there relief for filing s election late. The IRS provides relief if the s election is late?

View more questions Search