How much can IRS granish from my paycheck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2008, 08:54 AM
    25%
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 12:21 PM
    25% sounds about right, but the actual amount depends on your individual circumstances.

For example, a single person can expect 25% to be garnished, whereas a married person with a large family could have garnishment restricted to as little as 5% on the grounds that 25% would adversely affect his family's standard of living.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I garnish? [ 3 Answers ]

Have just received judgment for $1500 against ex-friend for failure to pay loan )which I now have to make monthly payments on anyhow. Person has $1600 pension (which I cannot garnish) but has recently received large settlement and is employed part time. Does not have bank account - can I and if...

Garnish ss$ [ 1 Answers ]

Can a collection company garnish money I deposit into my account from social security?

Trying to garnish [ 1 Answers ]

I was hoping to get some info on garnishing a bank account. I have a small claims judgement on a business and my writ of garnishment came back from the bank with the box - no funds - checked. Does this mean I have to file a new garnishment or will the garnishment stay in effect? Wondering if this...

Garnish [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My brother's collection agency is threantening me that it will garnish againt my tax return for his unpaid stafford loan. (We happened to have the same last and first names.) Is it legally possible in California? If not possible, how can I prevent its constant threatening once and for all?

Garnish [ 2 Answers ]

Can Credit Card Companys Garnis Your Pay In Texas If You Can't Pay?

View more questions Search