Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gadget0621 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Jan 2, 2006, 08:44 PM
    Best time to go to London?
    I'm studying abroad in London for a quarter. I was wondering if it would be better for me to go in the spring time or in the summer? I really want to go between April-end of June. How's the weather during the spring compared to the weather in the summer?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 2, 2006, 10:51 PM
    The summer is the best time to be in London. It will be warm and you can hang out and observe the sights and people. March; 6°C (43°F) to 11°C (52°F). Summer weather generally doesn't start until mid-June and extremely warm days (above 22°C or 72°F) are rare. The average temperature is 14°C (57°F) to 16°C (63°F). London is a beautiful city, I'm sure you will have a good time there.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 3, 2006, 05:36 AM
    London
    Just to add to the post.Here is the "official" guide to London,with interesting links of places to visit and things to do:

http://www.visitlondon.com/

Bare in mind that the UK weather on the whole,is as unpredictable as a hot potato,but any time from late April onwards,and you should be OK.It's a lovely city.One which I've been too several times.Just make sure you bring a currency converter,so you can judge how much your getting for your dollar :D
    Oh yes,and please get an underground tube map.It may look like a bit of a nightmare,but it's the easiest way to get around.
    Martin Harrison Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2006, 08:53 AM
    London
    Try to come in July and August at least then there may be a chance of warm weather, generally though the weather is crap, bring a coat.
    M
    nav Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Come in the summer time as spring is cold and sometimes rainy and summer is usually warm and the best time to be here. You are going to love london its cosmopolitan and I love going there even though I live here. Best city in the world.
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Mar 19, 2006, 08:40 PM
    If you stay any length of time you'll soon understand why we Brits talk about the weather so much!! ;)

I too would suggest hanging on a while until July / August. Although this is well past midsummers day the ground has had a good 6 months to thaw out.

My brother and sister-in-law came over from Brazil last October and we were still managing quite good weather then.

Being a "northener" the best sight for me in London is the road sign...

" A1 North "

:D (Can't remember off the top of my head - but I think the London Carnival is around August time)
    ashley19 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2006, 04:15 AM
    I would also say wait till summer in the spring expect rain rain rain!!
    treezuk Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 07:28 AM
    I am from london and I would defintly say the summer is the best time to come here although it can get really hot walking around london in the summer and even hotter on the public transport , the underground is the worse it can get up to tempretures over 100'f in summer so be aware of this.

Also I would suggest getting a london pass http://www.londonpass.co.uk as this saves on a lot of expense and get's you into a lot of great attractions and restaurants for free , I use it whenever I have friends over from other countrys or if I'm taking my niece out for the day.

Teresa :)

Notting hill carnival is the 31st August on the bank holiday.

Teresa
    spyyder Posts: 35, Reputation: -2

Jun 7, 2006, 06:25 AM
    Also check out www.londontown.com it's the london site for hotels, passes, attractions, tickets, etc. I remember I paid £47/night for a £150/night room in the hilton through that website (oh yeah and accomidation prices in London is higher than in los angeles... although LA is a better place).
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by treezuk

Also i would suggest getting a london pass http://www.londonpass.co.uk as this saves on a lot of expense and get's you into a lot of great attractions and resturants for free , i use it whenever i have friends over from other countrys or if im taking my neice out for the day.

Teresa :)

Notting hill carnival is the 31st august on the bank holiday.

Teresa
    my daughter spent a semester in spain and went to london for a stretch. She got the london pass and it was a great deal for her. She had a blast there. She now misses the pints, but she came home with a ton of mens ties, as the girls would streal them from the men in the pubs. =)

but my point was that shed definitely do the london pass again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Turkish Bath in London [ 4 Answers ]

I intend to build a traditional Turkish bath (like the ones in Istanbul) equipped with all the modern facilities (Hammam, spa, sauna etc... ) but also with the magic of the oriental atmosphere. Where should I look after?

Photography Courses in London [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently taken a penchant for photography.. and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good photography courses that are taught in london... I would prefer it if they provided a certificate of some kind... Thanks

Portuguese ID card and passport renewal in London [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Portuguese citizen originally from Macau and now live in the UK. My ID card has expired, which I understand that I need to renew before I can renew my actual passport? I've been looking online for the appropriate application form and instructions with no avail. Any idea where I can find...

View more questions Search