Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynxwizard Posts: 77, Reputation: 3

Jan 7, 2008, 07:18 AM
    What do you think she thought ?
    Last night at church I saw the ex walk in with her guy, she left me to go back to him, we got on well but she never got over him, she left him because he did not treat her well, she says he has changed now, anyhow she did not see me when she walked in, but at the end of the service I saw them leaving and I walked up behind them and I said hi to her, (he does not know me) she had this look of panic on her face, before she could say anything I said to her I have not seen you for so long, then I said 'You must be Warren', and I shook his hand, then I said, 'I work with her and awhile ago I saw her in the hall at work and she looked so happy, I asked her why and she told me she got back together with her Old boyfriend and that he was a wounderful man', Warren smiled when I said that, ( I made up the part about running into her in the hall tho).
    Then I said to Warren 'You are a Lucky Guy', then I walked away.
    It was hard seeing her walk away with him, and It was hard to say what I did, part of me meant it because I want her to be happy, and maybe I wanted to score a few points with her, I don't they will work out in the end. They both never said a word to me, anyhow what do you think she thought about what I did ?
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Jan 7, 2008, 07:23 AM
    She probably thought it was all manly and sexy. Lol... the first thing that popped into my mind.

Jan 7, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiaangel180
    She probably thought it was all manly and sexy. lol...the first thing that popped into my mind.
    So do you think she thought that I must really care for her to do that ?
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Jan 7, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lynxwizard
    so do you think she thought that I must really care for her to do that ?
    Care? I don't know. I would think she thought you were a good person, the bigger man so to speak. It definitely put you in a good light. Let's put it this way... it didn't make you look bad.

Jan 7, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiaangel180
    Care? I dunno. I would think she thought you were a good person, the bigger man so to speak. It definately put you in a good light. Let's put it this way.....it didn't make you look bad.
    Thanks for your thoughts, anyone else ?
    Lostandcunfused01 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 07:39 AM
    She probably was worried about what you might say, but definitely think you got brownie points
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 08:58 AM
    What you did made you a great guy in her eyes, and his. They probably discussed it, and he knows now. Don't get a big head, it is time to really move beyond them. You both have a sort of closure now. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but now is the time to walk away on a high note, gracefully.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 09:03 AM
    I'm glad you did that, you're a bigger man so to speak.

However, I hope you didn't do that to get brownie points from her... it's not as if she's thinking HE'S SUCH A BETTER GUY... I'M GOING BACK TO HIM.

That's unlikely to happen. HOWEVER, it did show her that you're a good guy.

Now, the only thing left to do is for you to move on. Don't look back.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jan 7, 2008, 09:14 AM
    If I were her I would be thinking what a mature considerate person you really are. You probably made her stop and think for a second (if the ex still treats her bad). What you did was very commendable and its too bad that more men can not follow in your footsteps.

Jan 7, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73
    If I were her I would be thinking what a mature considerate person you really are. You probably made her stop and think for a second (if the ex still treats her bad). What you did was very commendable and its too bad that more men can not follow in your footsteps.
    HI Kanicky, its been awhile, thanks for the kind words, its still a weird deal, a friend of mine who knows her at work (she does not know we are friends) said he talked to her the other day and said he heard she was getting married and asked her if a date had been set and she told him that he wants to marry her this March, he said she seemed to be very indifferent about the whole thing and was not ready to do it in March and that he also wants her to leave the company so she can travel with him on his job, my friend said she dies not really want to do that, I would think she would have been happy telling my friend about getting married, any thoughts on this ?
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jan 7, 2008, 11:08 AM
    I'm not convinced on this.

Why exactly did you go up to them? I know you said you want her to be happy(which is nice), you also said to score points. I don't think you went up because you want her to be happy, you could wish her happiness without confronting her and her boyfriend. I think the look she gave you was because she had no clue what you were doing, maybe that it was strange.

I think you did it to show her your such a gentleman and all that, maybe she'll think of you or something right? Hate to break the bubble here but I don't think she thought or thinks anything about it? She's planning her wedding date and regardless of what you think you may know about their relationship she's planning a wedding date. All you have is that you said hi in front of them, she hasn't done anything since and there is no indication she likes you again is there?

The thing about she should have been jumping for joy when she told your friend is streching it to the point is just snaps. You are finding every possible reaction from her to make you feel better about it, like "overhearing" they are having difficulty picking a date and maybe what you did outside church will be the light she needs to see thatyou are the one. I say drop it Bud, let this one go for awhile:)

I don't mean to be so anti-your story,but this is what I see and moving past her will be good for you I think,, it only gets worse:(

Jan 7, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI
    I'm not convinced on this.

Why exactly did you go up to them? I know you said you want her to be happy(which is nice), you also said to score points. I don't think you went up b/c you want her to be happy, you could wish her happiness without confronting her and her boyfriend. I think the look she gave you was b/c she had no clue what you were doing, maybe that it was strange.

I think you did it to show her your such a gentleman and all that, maybe she'll think of you or something right? Hate to break the bubble here but I don't think she thought or thinks anything about it? She's planning her wedding date and regardless of what you think you may know about their relationship she's planning a wedding date. All you have is that you said hi in front of them, she hasn't done anything since and there is no indication she likes you again is there?

The thing about she should have been jumping for joy when she told your friend is streching it to the point is just snaps. You are finding every possible reaction from her to make you feel better about it, like "overhearing" they are having difficulty picking a date and maybe what you did outside church will be the light she needs to see thatyou are the one. I say drop it Bud, let this one go for awhile:)

I don't mean to be so anti-your story,but this is what i see and moving past her will be good for you i think,,,,it only gets worse:(
    I have to say that you are pretty much correct in most of what you have said, but I do know her pretty good, we were together for over 2 years, I think she did think about what I did last night, you are right in the fact that I have to let it go and if she ever comes back it will be up to her and a miracle from God
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jan 7, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Lol... not sure you'll need divine intervention:)

Move along my man, move along.

Jan 7, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI
    lol.....not sure you'll need divine intervention:)

Move along my man, move along.
    I think I would need a miracle, while I think the guy she is with will mess up again, for her to get stronger feelings for me and to come back is something that looks pretty bleak.
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Bleak?? We are waiting for you to give up this search for encouraging you that you have a chance. Her business is none of yours. Or ours.
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 7, 2008, 01:57 PM
    I can't speak for her, but if I was Warren, I would know exactly what you were doing, as this has happened to me before. I'm not naïve. When it happened, I did not say a word about it, and then went out of my way after that... maybe a day or two later so it didn't look suspicious, and treated her extra special. Because I could see that working in her head. I saw her thinking about it and really concentrating on it.

Then after my little surprise, she was all over me once again, more so than before. HOWEVER, I did break it off with her down the road, and you guessed it, she went right to him. So if he wants her, I bet he can win her over if he realized what happened. But if not, you just gained HUGE points, especially if they break up!

Jan 7, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EuRa
    I can't speak for her, but if I was Warren, I would know exactly what you were doing, as this has happened to me before. I'm not naive. When it happened, I did not say a word about it, and then went out of my way after that... maybe a day or two later so it didn't look suspicious, and treated her extra special. Because I could see that working in her head. I saw her thinking about it and really concentrating on it.

Then after my little suprise, she was all over me once again, more so than before. HOWEVER, I did break it off with her down the road, and you guessed it, she went right to him. So if he wants her, I bet he can win her over if he realized what happened. But if not, you just gained HUGE points, especially if they break up!
    I don't quite understand, did you do what I did as in approach your ex when she was with her new guy and said nice things ? But I am thinking he bought my story, I could be wrong but its just my feeling.
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 07:15 PM
    You mean you don't think she told him the truth later, I do. He knows you're the guy who lost the girl to him. Don't turn this into a game, walk away, or it will bite you in the azz. Move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never thought I'd be in this spot. [ 7 Answers ]

Well, here we go... I have been in an "affair" so to speak with a married woman for that past 6 months. She was in a bad marriage (he cheats) for 3 years, and would have left him long before we got involved, however he was working overseas and she didn't want to break up long-distance. Well,...

I wondering what you thought of. [ 1 Answers ]

The Book "Hinds Feet In High Places" (Not sure if this goes here or in Books) If you have read it I was wondering what you guys though about it. At first I was reluctant to read it. But as I read it, it was really neat. I like how the author symbolizes a lot in it. Its amazing that we have a...

Just a thought [ 2 Answers ]

Think About It - The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. - It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it. - Never test the depth of the water with both feet. - It may be that...

He thought I had orgasm, but I didn't. [ 8 Answers ]

My b/f and I are together for a year, and when we had sex, he thought that I reached orgasms, but I did not. I never said anything, because I was scared to hurt his feeling,especially his size is kind of small. It has been a year now, I don't know how to tell him this, so we can try some other ways...

Never thought I'd be in a situation like this... [ 12 Answers ]

I've been in a committed relationship for almost 8 months now. I was with one man almost 8 years and when I split with him last year, I "sowed some oats" and then began seeing my current boyfriend. I'm 27 and he's 32. Problem is, I really love him and we're talking marriage in the future, but...

View more questions Search