Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    omeralam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 04:55 AM
    About marrige
    Hi My name is MUHAMMAD and I came from pakistan as a student visa. And last year I saw one girl in a wedding and I had fallen in love with her and at that time she does not but by the passage of and you can say that by the grace of GOD now she is with me anyway she got permenent resident visa and now the question is my visa will be expire on coming spetemeber 2008. I and I want to marry with her so can she apply the visa for me here or shall I go back to country or shall I need to extend my visa what shall I do can u help me out thanks

Best regards
    MUHAMMAD OMER
    Sammie_UK Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Hi Muhammed

This is a tricky one...

The general rule is that if you are applying for a visa to come to the UK (wether student, spouse or relative) you MUST make the application from the country of your current nationality. So in your case, you would need to submit your application for a visa to the UK in Pakistan.

However, if you were to marry the girl you mentioned in the UK, this general rule may be subject to exceptions. As long as you are in the UK legally and get married under UK laws that recognise your marriage, this would work in your favour and you may not have to return to Pakistan.

Check these sites for further info..

Home UKvisas

Border & Immigration Agency | Border and Immigration Agency

Home Office | Passports & immigration

Border & Immigration Agency | What entry clearance (permission to come to the United Kingdom) do I need before travelling?

I hope that helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marrige [ 8 Answers ]

What age do you have to be to get married

Marrige law [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has relocated in another state-bought a house,2 cars and lived there off and on with another woman. He is a over the road truck driver. I found out about 6 months ago. My question is will I be as responsible for these debts. Hes not really paying as agreed for house or cars. Alos we are...

Out of a marrige [ 1 Answers ]

what would happened to me if I did not want to be in a marriage any more, but my husband is not a citizen in the u.s. yet we have not went to the two year interview so if do not attend the interview what happends to me??

International marrige [ 1 Answers ]

I am a international student from Hong Kong. I am now holding a student Visa F-1 visa. I have recently been engaged to an American born citizen. I want to know how marriage will effect my visa. And if and how I can be considered a resident of america. Is there difference between resident and...

Would you recommend marrige [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 22 will finish school next year Still living with my mother and brother and now fiancé in ny My mother just recently got a divorce with my father I was born in poland and have lived there for the first 10 years of my life She is 28 and not a us citizen so that is one of the reason we want...

View more questions Search