Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blue_butt_monkey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Do doctors open and read their own mail?
    I need to send my doctor a letter in regards to an office staff issue that has become very upsetting to me. How it is handled may determine whether my family and I remain his patients or not. Is there a way to indicate that the letter is private, and for the doctor's eyes only?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and any responses. Appreciate it!
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Jan 7, 2008, 02:30 AM
    No they generally don't. The office manager does this work for the doc. If you want to complain on office staff, you need to make an appointment and speak with the doc in person.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 02:39 AM
    Actually--one way that MAY work (no guarantees, because every office is run differently) is to mark the envelope as "Personal and Confidential".

I know that in every office I've worked in, whoever opened the mail for the usual stuff did NOT open anything marked in that manner.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 8, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Sometimes it just depends on the doctor. I work for 8 of them and each has a slightly different preference. ALL like their mail opened for them and placed on their desk. TWO like to have letters marked "private" or "confidential" opened for them as well.

I suggest you call the office and inquire if there is an "Office Manager" or "Practice Manager" and find out that person's name. If there is a person in this position, take your complaints to him/her. Chances are, if your doctor is employing a manager, they expect those complaints to go to them for review before the doctor becomes involved. If there is no manager, its more likely (though not guaranteed) that the doctor is more "hands on" with these issues and would be the one to address your concerns.
    Doctors do care about their patients and the actions of their staff, but in general they distance themselves from problems like yours. Many did not learn anything about running an office in school, so they'll hire an Office Manager to take care of the finer details in running a practice. Once a manager speaks with you, he/she would THEN talk to the doctor about your concerns at the same time addressing possible staffing solutions.

Good luck ~ I hope you get the right result! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Went to the doctors ! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi every one just to let you all know that I went to the doctors today and yeah I am preggy. Thank you for every one who has been helping me with my questions.

Great Auto Response mail for Employee Suggestion mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As part of HR, I take care of the Suggestion Committee which encourages employees to post their suggestions through mail. The ideas are chosen after a period of 1 month by a pre-designated Committee. For every suggestion, we have to give a positive, motivating response in our...

I cannt open my e mail [ 4 Answers ]

I can't open my hotmail inbox after I log onto my e mail it apper to me a white scrren please I need to log onto my e mail quickly and I think that is because the spywares

How can I know the mail receiver open my message [ 3 Answers ]

Is there is any option on outlook to know that the receiver receive my email or not I saw it on a lot of the clients computers is that a feature on the outlook

Unable to read file header message when attempting to open jpeg attachments [ 7 Answers ]

I have been unable to open jpeg files that are attached to email for several days! I have tried both Thunderird and Outlook Express and have disabled the block on attachments. No luck! The problem seemed to start when I attempted to load WinFax Pro and had an incomplete installation then when...

View more questions Search