Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diler Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 02:08 AM
    Mimaki cutter plotter CG-60st
    I have sent a few messages to Mimaki CO for cutter plotters regarding my plotters problem, but with no reply!

The problem is; the plotter’s LCD showing error “ERR41 Motor2”, obviously it says there is malfunction in motor2, the device is too simple: there are two motors with build-in sensors and a card controller, although I have:

1)switched the motor 1 with 2, and hoped the error will changed to motor 1, but it was helpless!

2)Tested two motors with 12 volt DC, it works perfectly!

3)Switched the sensors, the same error

I wonder it there is other ways to find what is the problem! I need to fix this plotter desperately, as I making a support income on this plotter.

I hope someone can help on this!
    Thanks in advance!
    Diler
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Diler,

Nice diagnostic work. Now for my questions:

What is this plotter used for?

1) Define, "But it was helpless." Did the problem move with the motor or stay at the original motor's position? If it moved, flaky motor. Stayed, bad connections, blown PSMC (Power Supply Motor Card controller). Do you have a schmatic or discription of what each motor should be doing? I'm going to assume that the one is horizontal and one verticle. Is that correct?

2) Tested 12vdc motors (works) Define why this is a problem, if it fixed the error message problem?

3) What sensors? Where are they? What are they for? Stepping motors, line length?

Jan 8, 2008, 12:53 AM
    I really appreciate your help, but it seems my post is not clear, because I thought someone will have experience about Mimaki cutters will answer my question.

However, Mimaki is brand for cutting Vinyl for logo, like printer but it cuts the Vinyl.

Thanks again for your help!
    :)
    Quote Originally Posted by donf
    Diler,

Nice diagnostic work. Now for my questions:

What is this plotter used for?

1) Define, "But it was helpless." Did the problem move with the motor or stay at the original motor's position? If it moved, flaky motor. Stayed, bad connections, blown PSMC (Power Supply Motor Card controller). Do you have a schmatic or discription of what each motor should be doing? I'm going to assume that the one is horizontal and one verticle. Is that correct?

2) Tested 12vdc motors (works) Define why this is a problem, if it fixed the error message problem?

3) What sensors? Where are they? What are they for? Stepping motors, line length?

Jan 8, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Diler,

No problem, only the media is an issue. Its still an X/Y axis. The plotter is more than likely using a plotter command language based on HP's GL language.

Hardware is hardware. I spent more than 15 years fixing computer controlled perifierals, I'd be happy to take a SWAG at until someone more qualified comes along, if that's okay with you?

Jan 9, 2008, 03:37 AM
    Thanks, I really appreciate your help, and humbly I trust your work experience in this field, but the problem is plotter (used for cutting the Vinyl) is different than laser printers, it’s very simple only one card (main board) with seven outputs:
    1) Motor 1 for X (12V DC)
    2) Sensor for Motor1 (to set x limit according the user defined)
    3) Motor 2 for Y (12V DC)
    4) Sensor for Motor2 (to set Y limit according the user defined)
    5) Blade controller, to push/pull the blade to cut the vinyl sheet
    6) LCD and a few buttons for controlling or feeding the sheet
    7) Two sensors to detect both ends for feeding sheet

As of my IT background, I know about fixing hardware, including laser printer and basic logical error analysis, so, I was expecting the answer like what error code that the plotter is showing (ERR41 B MOTOR2), logically I have replaced the motors hoping the error will be changed to motor 1, but it was the same, checked the cables connection, everything seems fine.

The only two things I suspect is to reset the bios setting to let the plotter forget the error
    OR
    Replacing the sensors (its fixed on the bottom of the motors)

I think this will answer your questions..

Have a nice day!
    Diler

Diler,

No problem, only the media is an issue. Its still an X/Y axis. The plotter is more than likely using a plotter command language based on HP's GL language.

Hardware is hardware. I spent more than 15 years fixing computer controlled perifierals, I'd be happy to take a SWAG at until someone more qualified comes along, if that's okay with you?

Jan 9, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Diler,

Are you politely asking me to bugger off?

If you are, okay I'll do that. However, if I am making an unfounded inference, then I'd like you to consider your original test #2.

You swapped out the 12vdc motors and the plotter worked. I'm assuming, that you have the machine working and are really just in search of the meaning of the error message.

I would expect that the error message is associated with the first movement on the #2 axis.

Toward that issue, I would expect that you are getting either a message indicating that the motor did not restore properly or failed to seek to the correct destination, that generated the failure message.

I am currently looking through some logic charts that I have for some industrial plotters that had attached to some Big Blue systems that I serviced. If you would like me to keep scrounging around, let me know. I have no idea what sill lies in unopened boxes from my office in Kentucky, two years ago.

If you don't want the assistance know please let me know via a PM.

Jan 9, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Please find my answers in RED

Are you politely asking me to bugger off?
    Not at all, I’m despaired and looking for solution, you have no idea how eager to open my mail!
    If you are, okay I'll do that. However, if I am making an unfounded inference, then I'd like you to consider your original test #2.

I’ll gladly accept any suggestions!

You swapped out the 12vdc motors and the plotter worked. I'm assuming, that you have the machine working and are really just in search of the meaning of the error message.

Let us correct the statement; the motors works, not the plotter, after switching ON the plotter does memory check, then it shows ERR41…
    Why should I waste my time and others as well to know the meaning of error, BTW I’m working this plotter as additional support income, as I have three kids, and I live in hell with limit resources, living cost is unbearable, however, if had had enough fund I would purchase another plotter, furthermore you can not find the plotter immediately in the market, you have to order and pay in advance, I noticed from TV documentaries North pole live better than us, at least they have post mail address!
    I would expect that the error message is associated with the first movement on the #2 axis.
    I didn’t made up the error, it happen sudden!

Toward that issue, I would expect that you are getting either a message indicating that the motor did not restore properly or failed to seek to the correct destination, that generated the failure message.
    Speaking of correct destination, I had moved the cutting head manually to make the motor move or assuming it moved to correct destination, but no help.I am currently looking through some logic charts that I have for some industrial plotters that had attached to some Big Blue systems that I serviced. If you would like me to keep scrounging around, let me know. I have no idea what sill lies in unopened boxes from my office in Kentucky, two years ago.
    I would like to keep you around, at least I feel someone cares, but again don’t bother your self too much! Allah Kareem, another door will be open!
    If you don't want the assistance know please let me know via a PM.
    What is PM?

Jan 9, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Diler,

It is always wonderful to meet another faith filled person whether male or female. Thanks for the blessing!

I'm a Roman Catholic, but please don't hold that against me. Same faith in God, just different mechanics and historical structures. I do, seriously recognize my your current state of HELL!

PM stands for "Private Message" It allows us to correspond outside of the general forums.

The reason it is important to know when the error occurs is so that you know where to look in a "Procedure Flowchart" for the errors description.

For example, if you watch the plotter as you power it up, then you will see the plotter start into its cycles. You may see the motor1 kick in and first drop the access point to its end limit (either direction) and then return to its (IP)initialization point. Then Motor2 kicks in and tries the same process. However, it does not do the limit check and immediately returns your error. That would tell me that a bind or a motor speed failure occurred to move the head to the correct points fast enough.

However, if it completes the initial setup like motor1 did, then it tells me that the incoming data may be telling the plotter to "move-to" an area that it cannot physically reach, now comes the error. Very different failures, similar conditions, extremely different points into the "Error Library"

Jan 9, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Thanks for your support, this will end the subject!
    Respectfully,:)
    Diler
    Diler1969 at Yahoo dot com

Diler,

It is always wonderfull to meet another faith filled person whether male or female. Thanks for the blessing!

I'm a Roman Catholic, but please don't hold that against me. Same faith in God, just different mechanics and historical structures. I do, seriously recognize my your current state of HELL!

PM stands for "Private Message" It allows us to correspond outside of the general forums.

The reason it is important to know when the error occurs is so that you know where to look in a "Procedure Flowchart" for the errors description.

For example, if you watch the plotter as you power it up, then you will see the plotter start into its cycles. You may see the motor1 kick in and first drop the access point to its end limit (either direction) and then return to its (IP)initialization point. Then Motor2 kicks in and tries the same process. However, it does not do the limit check and immediately returns your error. That would tell me that a bind or a motor speed failure occured to move the head to the correct points fast enough.

However, if it completes the initial setup like motor1 did, then it tells me that the incoming data may be telling the plotter to "move-to" an area that it cannot physically reach, now comes the error. Very different failures, similar conditions, extremely different points into the "Error Library"
    Chris Perona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Hello Diler,

I was looking for some help over here about a similar problem. My Mimaki CG-60st Always gives me the error message "Err20 I/O" when I press the remote key. The strange thing is that it works only in a computer but when I connect it to any other computer this problem starts. And the "Err34 Dat Remain" always appears when I try to change I few configuration, and I´m sure that there´s no Data Remaining in the Buffer, it´s all cleared.

I´m desperately trying to fix it. Do you have any suggestion? I´m Thinking to reset the plotter, to clear all the information, and starts all over again, but I d´ont know how to do it. Do you have any Idea? (I´m asking ´bout reset the memory, bios, and not the configurations)

Thanks.

Aug 27, 2008, 01:30 AM
    Hi Chris,
    To be frank with you, I'm disappointed, meaning; its almost beyond repair, do like I did; buy another plotter, as they say; time is money! I almost forgot that I had this crises of plotter failure, I have no idea where do you live, but for my case, I live in a place with zero tech support, so I hope you will decide very soon what to do.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to seek the market for Rebar Cutter? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,everyone!I'm maker of rebar cutter(construction tool),how to find a market for it.Thanks in advance.:mad: www.cndingli.com

View more questions Search