Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROWHOME85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 01:38 PM
    Plumbing Crossover
    I was in the process of performing minor repairs on my tankless water heater when I realized that I was unable to fully stop the flow of water out of the hot side of my faucets. I then realized that it was cold water flowing from the hot side. The flow is steady and about 1/4 to 3/8 inch in diameter. I have numerous single handle faucets in my house. I have been told that they are a likely source for this problem. I was also told that by turning on the hot side of one of my two handle faucets and then in turn moving each of the single handle faucets to the cold side that the water would stop flowing from the two handle faucet when the faulty single handle was turned to cold. I tried that but with every single handle faucet turned to cold the cold water continued to flow from the hot side of the two handle faucet. I am not sure what to try next or what else could be the problem. Someone else suggested you could feel the hot lines under each sink and the one that get cold is the faulty sink but I an not sure how to test that.

Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2006, 03:17 PM
    To check by feel, go to one sink, run hot water until it is hot. Shut it off. Go to another sink, and leave the hot on. Go back to the first sink, reach under the sink and feel the hot water pipe. If it cools far faster than you think it would, likely that is the bad one.

Another think you could try is shut off the hot stops. Most sinks and tubs have valves under them you can shut the water off to the faucets. Then any faucet where you can get cold water when turned to the hot, likely is the bad one. Note, if you get hot water, the hot stop is bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

My diamond earring went down the bathroom sink drain. Where exactly is the trap, and what type of tool is needed? No, I have not run the water.

Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering layout options for a small loft in NYC I would like to rearrange bathroom to creats a back hall. To do so I wish to Remove tub to a nes location.. and 'flip' ex. Toilet and sine- east west... not One for the other As I have a complete in the floor drain line for toilet and...

Backup laptop to desktop using crossover cable [ 2 Answers ]

I want to backup the hard drive on my laptop to the hard drive on my desktop. I have a crossover cable and ethernet ports in each computer. What settings do I need to setup?

View more questions Search