Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanaone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 03:23 PM
    We live in Pennsylvania and would like to legally change our child's name. She has the bio father's name now, but on the birth certificate his name is not listed. So does he have to sign?

I live in pa and would like to change my child's name from bio father's to mine. His name is not listed on the birth certificate, so does he still have to sign? His whereabouts are unknown.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 6, 2008, 04:24 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

If the bio father's name is not on the because then what name is there? What is the child's legal name as listed on the because?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name change [ 3 Answers ]

My son has my maiden name as his last name. I got married 2 years ago and want my son to have my husbands last name. His biological father is not on the birth certificate and has not contributed anything for my son. My husband has been there since my son was 3 months old. Where do I go to get...

Who can change your pd [ 3 Answers ]

Why would the courts change a pd with out cause?:confused:

The Change [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to know if someone could inform me on the laws the pertain to changing ownership of residencial leasing property. Is is not a requirement to inform the current tenants of the change? If tenant are no informed are they legally bond to that agreement, although they didn't sign agreement with...

Name Change? First Name [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to change my first name. I can't find anything in Tennessee law about changing your first name. It is stated as name. I assume it is the same as both. I really don't want to change my name but the spelling of my first name. As I said I live in Tennessee. Can anyone point me in the right...

View more questions Search