Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theman_57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Fingerprinting after Theft Under 5000
    Hi everyone, I was charged with theft under 5000 in ontario last month. I hired a lawyer and the lawyer said the court was giving me diversion and I have to pay to a charity. I was wondering if I still have to give my fingerprints on the fingerprinting date and also how long would all this stay on record? Would the fingerprinting data get erased from the RCMP computer also? How long would this take? Thanks any other advice would be helpful.
    johnbender Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Well I'm in the same situation as you right now, except my lawyer has to appear in court for me on the 29th. I have to go to my fingerprinting date though.

I would assume you go to the fingerprinting date, and they have your data, but once you pay the charity and get everything done with, your record will be clean slate... but the RCMP will still have the data in case.
    johnbender Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2008, 01:03 PM
    I want to know something just for my own sake though... how much worth did you steal and what do you have to pay the charity? I might have to do this too.

If you mind sharing of course.
    redhanded Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by theman_57
    Hi everyone, i was charged with theft under 5000 in ontario last month. I hired a lawyer and the lawyer said the court was giving me diversion and i have to pay to a charity. I was wondering if i still have to give my fingerprints on the fingerprinting date and also how long would all this stay on record? Would the fingerprinting data get erased from the RCMP computer also? how long would this take? Thanks any other advice would be helpful.
    I was just wondering how much hiring a lawyer and them getting the diversion cost you? I am in the same situation and am looking for a lawyer but am wary of the cost.
    Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 12:57 PM
    The fingerprints don't just "go away" and are there essentially forever. It's the charges and conviction, etc that "goes away".
    needofhelplol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 12:20 AM
    No no, after a year you can write some people a letter and they will destroy your finger print, just ask your judge or lawyer or something

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft Under 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, so basically I was charged for theft under in December of 2006, and I'm 18 years of age. I gave back some of the things I've taken, but not some others.. anyway, I went to take fingerprints and all that good stuff, and then I got a letter in the mail saying I don't have to go to court, that...

Theft over $5000 [ 3 Answers ]

On a late summer evening in 2000, I was running a BK drive through when I was robbed. I happened to know who these people were but failed to tell the cops who they were at first. They took me downtown for questioning... then several hours later was being charged. Apparently the robbers (who did...

Theft under 5000 [ 6 Answers ]

I was charged of theft under 5000 from 24 hor store I live in canada on I went to the store I fild the cart With so many in may head I just head to the door I honstly was not thinking with any thing but troubles and problems I have in my life As I was loading the car Security came around...

Theft under 5000 [ 21 Answers ]

Sorry this may be really long. Please help and reply. Okay this is my first post because I am really worrying about this thing. I stole a Playstation Portable from a student at my school. I sold it to another student at my school. It doesn't really matter now but the Principals found out. In...

View more questions Search