Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Why didn't Hillary spring the trap when she had him
    This is a quote from Senator Obama, answering criticism from Hillary concerning leaving out citizens (comrads, sorry) in the health insurance plan: Obama said: "I have no problem, Hillary, with you pointing out areas where you think we have differences. But on health care, for example, the reason that I mandate for children is because children do not have a choice. Adults do, and it's my belief that they will choose to have health care if it is affordable. Now, that's a perfectly legitimate policy difference for us to have. That is different from saying that I will refuse to cover or leave out a bunch of individuals."

In her response, Hillary should have looked into the camera, smiled, and said, 'Why Senator, you sound just like George Bush."

A defining moment lost by Her Majesty.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Probably because Obama would be the first to tell you that he is not against everything Republican and that is of course what makes him different from Clinton.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 11:53 AM
    The way for her to beat Obama is to make him into an inexperienced, closet Republican. You have to keep in mind that the candidates are preaching to their choir, and there is no room in the Democrat Party for anyone on the right.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Yeah, his 'coalition of independents and republicans' might jump-up and bite him before it's over. But that ugly frozen smile of Clinton is doing its damage I believe. It's a wonder no one has told her how phony it looks.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Why? Evita's temper got the best of her. You left out the part where Edwards jumped in after Obama and criticized her as the "status quo" several times instead of an "agent of change" like he and Obama. I guess she didn't see the irony in speaking of "35 years of change" after being called part of the status quo.

Steve
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 10:40 AM
    I wrote this over the weekend on my post mortum discussion

Somewhere soon Hillary will use the line that Mondale used on Gary Hart ....."where's the beef?" Obama's whole campaign will derail at that point because he can't give a single answer where he represents any real change from the Democrat play book. I read his last book and besides complaining about partisanship there was nothing new. It could've been written by any of the other Democrat candidates.

I heard her use it on the radio this morning.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    I wrote this over the weekend on my post mortum discussion

Somewhere soon Hillary will use the line that Mondale used on Gary Hart ....."where's the beef?" Obama's whole campaign will derail at that point because he can't give a single answer where he represents any real change from the Democrat play book. I read his last book and besides complaining about partisanship there was nothing new. It could've been written by any of the other Democrat candidates.

I heard her use it on the radio this morning.
    Tom, I did not realize you were such a prophet. I heard her use that on the way to work this morning. I think the façade Hillary donned for this campaign is wearing off, she's having a hard time keeping up appearances. That doesn't stop her from trying though, I just heard she was "in tears" this morning as as she mourned for America.

"I have had so many opportunities from this country, I just don't want us to fall back," Clinton said, as her voice dissolved into a whisper.
    Puhleeeease...
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 11:10 AM
    And if I hear that "Day One" bilge one more time...
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Day one will be reserved for returning the White House dinnerware .

Wasn't trying to be a prophet but it was such a painfully obvious strategy that I'm surprised she did not spring it during one of the many debates . That comment killed the Hart campaign in it's tracks.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 11:46 AM
    With talk of mandates I'm not sure Mitt Romney wouldn't be more comfortable seated in the Democrat debates . The Campaign Spot on National Review Online

That issue became a very interesting exchange between Romney and Thompson Saturday .
    Romney did not help himself at one point, giving his opponents fodder to criticize him over the health care plan he signed into law as governor; it required residents to get health insurance. "I like mandates. The mandates work," Romney said. Thompson did a double-take: "I beg your pardon? I didn't know you were going to admit that. You like mandates."
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    With talk of mandates I'm not sure Mitt Romney wouldn't be more comfortable seated in the Democrat debates . The Campaign Spot on National Review Online

That issue became a very interesting exchange between Romney and Thompson Saturday .
    Ouch. Not that I was interested in Romney, but ouch.
    Dana2007 Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Jan 7, 2008, 05:32 PM
    When Bill Clinton was running for president my mother said that he was going to win because he was handsome. This election I think Obama is more likely to win because he is attractive and likeable. What other information do most American's really have to go on other than what they see? How many voters actually believe what politicians say?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Bill would never have won without Ross Perot, the loose-canon billionaire; I am still wondering what he received from his efforts to elect Clinton in 1992 and again in 1996. Clinton never won 50% of the popular vote.

Jan 7, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Whose money is currently helping Obama?
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Before just recently, all that I have heard is small, internet contributions; but today I heard Susan Estrich say that the big Demorcrat money pipes were trying to get hooked into the Obama campaign. Perhaps that is why the Queen was having such a tough morning.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 03:17 AM
    whose money is currently helping Obama?
    That really wasn't the point. Perot it is clear took votes from GHW Bush . It is not likely that Bill Clinton would've won in 1992 without Perot's independent run. I am not sure if the same could be said in 1996 .

Obama is beginning to draw the big Democrat money and looks to be an unstoppable train . But... let's not forget who he's running against . I expect that soon John Podesta will take over direct management of the Hillary campaign.

Jan 8, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Has anyone wondered that maybe people everywhere are drawn to people who are more tender and peaceful like Oprah and Obama and Princess Diane?

Maybe Hiliary Clinton's timing is off because people aren't interested in her type at this point in history? She comes across as not having a heart.

Maybe money can also be used for some good some of the time?
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 10:39 AM
    I am not willing to concede that Oprah, Obama, and Princess Diana are more tender, peaceful, and compassionate. As for money, the more the merrier.

Jan 8, 2008, 11:20 AM
    That made me laugh. LOL
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 11:39 AM
    I don't think this has much to do with Obama ;money ,looks ,impressions etc. Hillary went into a free fall she cannot recover from easily when she muffed and triangulated the question about driver's licenses for illegals in a debate .That reminded everyone the worse traits of the Clintoons .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smartest of the smarts, please help me! [ 3 Answers ]

A hinge is supporting a door that is hanging down from it (think of a doggie door). When a wind is blowing at the top of the hinge at a constant 11 m/s the door is perfectly horizontal (in the beginning it was perfectly vertical with no wind). If a wind of 11 m/s is needed to rotate the door on...

Hillary says she is progressive [ 3 Answers ]

Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Glenn Beck says that is probably one of the most honest replies she (or any politician) has ever given. What do you consider the pros and the cons of progressivism??

Hurting or Helping Hillary? [ 17 Answers ]

Is her husband Bill helping or hurting her chances? Making her appear less capable and needing his assistance? Causing voters to wonder too much whether he will or won't try another Lewinski scenario? Or is all this totally irrelevant?

Replace P-trap with drum trap--good idea? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a large crack in a cast iron waste line. The line at that point serves just the kitchen sink and is vented to the roof. The first plumber I called wants to disconnect the P-trap, install a drum trap, drill through the cabinet and floor, and connect to the waste line down below the crack....

P-trap GAP - p-trap too low to meet sink drain extension [ 13 Answers ]

I just took an old crane drexel sink off the wall and replaced it for the time being ( I want to fix the older sink) with a cheap vanity/sink set. All that was easy enough, but now to my chagrin I can't finish the job. The p trap is too low, the extension pipe from the sink doesn't go all...

View more questions Search