Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Jan 6, 2008, 12:03 AM
    Good rap artists
    It seems like now every hip hop artist is commercial

Does anyone know of any good rappers out there, like tupac, xzibit, ice cube, and people like them, I really want to stay away from people like da shop boyz, soujah boy, and peeps like them
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Jan 8, 2008, 05:15 PM
    There are a lot of nice old skool rappers... months def, talib kwal, little brother, j dilla, a tribe called quest,. maybe even pharoahe monch
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 8, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Jurrasic 5? Or if you want REAL old skool try slick rick, grandmasterflash, king tubby, N.W.A, runDMC. Look for can't stop won't stop also

Jan 8, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Also there are a few good current artist like lupe fiasco or kanye west... and I like the J5 raggablue... a day at the races

Jan 8, 2008, 08:45 PM
    I hate kanye, he is too fake for me, I am looking for more underground type rappers. I love westcoast rap like I have said before I really like Xzibit so I would like more rappers that can really lay down a track like him, I do like a little old skool rap like the old snoop and dre and a little bite of the old ice cube like when he was with westside connection but I think I like his new stuff better

Jan 9, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Try cypress hill... pete rock

Jan 9, 2008, 05:24 PM
    A day at the races is a classic tune, but its more hip-hop fusion the roots rap. Quality track though
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Jan 9, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I like older rap too well its not too old but I like true rappers not little 12 y/o kids who weren't born in the ghetto but still think they are gangster.

I like 50 cent, Lil John, Enimien, and as others have said there are some good rappers areound like The Game.

Jan 9, 2008, 06:33 PM
    I have tried some of the artist you guys have suggested, but I wasn't really feeling them I guess what I'm looking for, is more gangster rap, and SGT don't get me wrong but 50, and M have gone commercial and ill admite that little jon can lay down a hard track, but he hasn't done one in a while, and some of the people you guys have suggest are old skool and I do like it, but I wold like a little bite more up to date songs

Jan 9, 2008, 06:52 PM
    You don't get modern old skool very easily.
    Emineminm and 50 cent are poser pretty-boys, they are the least gangsta rappers in the world, those 12 year olds are more gangsta.
    Where were you looking for those artists?

Jan 9, 2008, 06:57 PM
    I was looking on YouTube, and I'm not really looking for modern old skool modern gangster rap, M use to be good, be since he got with D-12 he turned commercial

Jan 9, 2008, 07:02 PM
    You won't find any decent old scool on poo tube. Look on 'discogs' or 'beats workin'

Jan 9, 2008, 07:04 PM
    I listen to very few new rappers... cassidy, lupe... try mobb deep
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Jan 9, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Are you kidding eniemen grown up on 8 mile, I don't no if you have ever been there but I have and just visiting there makes you feel scared as hell. Let alone living there and walking. The 12 year olds who have grown up in nice areas are not gangster at all, most of them haven't even done anything bad but steal a candy bar or something

Jan 9, 2008, 07:06 PM
    I do like young jeezy, isn't lupe more into the skating part of hip hop

Jan 9, 2008, 07:10 PM
    You don't need to be a criminal to be gangsta, fool!

Jan 9, 2008, 07:12 PM
    MnMs don't know , the N.W.A lived in compton, that's gangsta

Jan 9, 2008, 07:14 PM
    I agree with both raggablue and sgt, MnM doesn't know anything about being a gangsta, but also, souja boi don't know anything about being a gansta also, just cause he from ATL don't mean he was in the hood

Jan 9, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Don't listen to NWA if your easily offended though... and lupe is more of an issue rapper.. talks bout' the worlds problems and such

Jan 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
    If I want an issue rapper, I just go to afro man, lol

I don't get too offended easily as long as they don't really diss on us white boyz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Favorite Artists [ 8 Answers ]

Who's your favorite artist?:)

Three worst artists [ 110 Answers ]

Name the three worst artists you know. 1.Sheryl Crow 2.Lindsay Lohan 3.Paris Hilton Come on people Paris Hilton is so ghey. :(

Artists Name [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone tell me who recorded the track called CENTREFOLD. Many thank TicTac:)

What this song and who is the artists? [ 3 Answers ]

A song that I loved when I was kid, I have not been able to find because I have no idea what it's called and who it is by. Some of the lyrics stick in my memory: Here we go Way to fast Something something (not sure) Going to crash Na na na. na na na, na na na na na

View more questions Search