Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kino4444 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2008, 09:32 PM
    I pretended to be someone else.
    I pretended to be someone else and used there pictures on myspace. I talked to a bunch of guys and it got really serious with one. YES and online romance. It was different though, we talked on the phone and I really love him. I am a lot younger than him and far away too. Anyway when I finally told him the truth, he said he just wanted to be friends. I still talk to him and I still love him with all my heart but his feelings have changed cause duh one I'm not pretty and two I lied to him. He was so nice about the whole situation and I think he just feels sorry for me. I don't now what to do. I love him and I want him back but there's no hope for us. I am embarrassed about it and really humiliated, I mean come on I was pretending to be someone else and fell and love and then had to come clean about it. I know what I did was wrong but what I want to know is if it makes me crazy? I think it does but he tells me that I just mad a mistake. I know I made a mistake but still it makes me crazy... at least I think. So does it... make me crazy?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Sounds as though you got too close to the fire and got singed. You may not have anticipated what happened between you and him, but sometimes things just happen. Please realize that when you are not truthful and just playing around with someone, that there is the possibility that he or you, or both of you, can get hurt. Try to be honest in your future friendships; let this one go.
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 5, 2008, 10:34 PM
    You're not crazy. Im guessing that you don't get a lot of looks or something in real life? It doesn't make you crazy, despite what anyone else says.

BUT... you shouldn't play with other peoples emotions and all. Pretending to be someone else just to generate interest is one thing. Talking on the phone and pretending that there is future for a relationship when there obviously can't be... that's wrong. Please don't do it again.

And you need to learn how to love yourself more!
    spartan24018 Posts: 61, Reputation: 12

Jan 5, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Don't beat yourself up over this, look at it this way. Now you know what NOT to do in the future.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 08:57 AM
    You have gotten some good responses, and instead of pretending to be what your not, be honest with those you deal with. You did it because you have a very low opinion of yourself, which you must work on. Learn to love who you are, and you won't have to pretend to be someone else.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Most of us at some stage in our lives. Try to be someone we are not. We either act like we don't care. When really we do.. try to be tough. Etc etc

So your not the only one. So don't beat yourself up about that. As for the falling in love part.. that word is over used. Its probable lust. Or the love you called it. Is build around emotions that was never there in the first place.

He wants to be friends with you which means you have a great personality. And who knows what the futuer will bring.

Now its time for you to work on yourself. Go to the gym. Get something done to yourself to boost you confidance :-)

I hope it works out

Regards
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Crazy, I don't know about ; that may be a stretch. Immature and guilty of poor judgement, absolutely. Also I think you were infatuated with the person you deceived, not "in love."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search