Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heidi_Hogan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2004, 12:51 PM
    Divorce
    Already been through the custody/support hearing but my ex-husband dissappeared soon after and I can't find him to finish the actual divorce. I want to finish it now (a year later.) He abandoned me and my daughter and our son when I was a stay-at-home mom. Now I am working and have started picking up the pieces. I even have a new love interest. But the fact that I am still married bothers him understandably. My ex has 2 other children and sees them I hear, but he never see's our 3 year old at all. His parents can't even find him. How can I finish this divorce with him being absent?? Can I complete it without him? Or must he be present?
    miladyjaniebabes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2005, 08:53 PM
    Re divorce
    IF your husband was served with an action of divorce from what I believe he has a certain amount of time to respond to it. IF he does not, you should get your divorce by default. Was he ever served with an action?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom needs a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My mother is trying to purchase a townhome and my mother and father have been separated for over 16 years now the mortgage company states that my father would have to sign at closing. My mother told them she has nothing to from him since 1991 when he left. The mortgage company said she needs to...

Divorce [ 4 Answers ]

My friend is going through a divorce and it's been a year and a half and still no final decree has been signed. His wife and her lawyer has done everything in their power to stall the whole process. What I mean by that is she was acusing him of committing adultry, never turned in any evidience for...

Cause of Divorce? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. I have a very bad situation on my hands. See, I'm 13 and my parents MIGHT get a divorce because of me. See, I saw my mom doing somwthing that she shouldn't have been doing (making out with a friend of her and my dad's when she was drunk) and I told my dad because I was scared and confused. ...

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

Just out of a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with a truly wonderful man for almost 2 years. When I met him he had more baggage than some airports however I was aware of this. I wouldn't have hung on through all his issues had he not shown me the kind of love women dream of. He and I have a very adult relationship. We got each other...

View more questions Search