Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    made2last Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2008, 01:26 PM
    CD and DVD slots won't open
    I opened my computer to clean the dust out. I put it back in the case seemingly with no problem and now the drive slots will not open. What did I do wrong? Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 02:35 PM
    I'm kind of an amateur but even I would not have taken the actual case off to clean dirt out. The only thing I could tell you to do is turn it the entire system off and turn back on and see if that helps. Maybe the system needs to reset itself. Also, be sure the ribbon connections for the CD and DVD drives are properly seated. Ouch!
    crysis Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Yeah this happened to me before and its cause I wasn't careful enough and the ribbon connections came out. Its easy enough to fix.
    charliec Posts: 61, Reputation: 6

Jan 25, 2008, 05:24 AM
    It's OK to open the case to clean out all that dust , its better that the PC overheating.(just be careful about static discharge inside the case , don't use your home vacuum or touch the mobo).
    The CD drawer will open as long as it is getting power , the 4 wire Molex Molex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , provides the power .
    The IDE ribbon cable needs to be connected to allow data transfer.
    If all else fails and you need to get a cd out of the drive there is a little hole at the front of the drive where you can insert an unbent paperclip that opens the drawer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My itunes won't open at all, does anybody know how to get it to open? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got my computer back after having new virus scanns on my computer downloaded.. and I have used itunes since then but last night when I logged out and logged back in this morning, when I click on itunes, all that happens is it has the mouse thing which looks like its loading for a couple...

Open neutrals and open grounds [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed new recepticals all around the house but I have one receptical in the master bedroom with an open neutral and two with open grounds per a grt-500 circuit tester. The two open grounds are still functional but the open neutral is not. I have checked all of the wires and they are...

How do I get him to open up? [ 1 Answers ]

To be bluntley honest let me start by saying I am a very insecure person, so much so that I don't even like going to stores by myself. Well my boyfriend and I have been together for two years and I am still having trouble feeling like he even likes me. He isn't very affectionate and when we go...

SLI M/Board with 2 PCI slots. [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting a SLI M/Board with 2 PCI-E and 2 PCI slots. My problem is that I have a Fax Modem, a Sound Card and a Capture Card. Is there a way I can get 3 into 2 ? All 3 cards will not go into PCI-E slots.

View more questions Search