Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EZWRITER85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Authentic Chinese Dumplings
    How do Chinese Dumpling preparations differ from region to region in China. For instance, difference between Shanghai prep, Beiging, etc, etc, And how has that evolved. Need answers from chef, author or Chinese-born people.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Plate of the Day Food Blog - Chinese Dumplings Jiaozi Recipe Food Reviews Info

That is a site for authentic Chinese Dumplings, complete with photos.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Now that sounds like a homework question if I ever read one??
    If you found your way here you can find your way around Google too ;)

EZWRITER85 disagrees: I have to complement Curlybenswife for at least commenting. It would have been much more authentic if her family origin was native Chinese. By the way, the question googled, yahooed and also got replies from real people, which is what I'm seeking.
    You obviously didn't look very far then did you, I know exactly what you need but I'm not about to give it you for free the same as the other sites out there why don't you go to your local restaurant and talk to a real chinese person as you put it or maybe just put your money where your mouth is and buy the course information.

Online Course: How to Make Chinese Dumplings: Cultural and Cooking Process - Certificate and CEUs
    EZWRITER85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    You obviously didnt look very far then did you, I know exactly what you need but im not about to give it you for free the same as the other sites out there why dont you go to your local restaurant and talk to a real chinese person as you put it or maybe just put your money where your mouth is and buy the course information.

Online Course: How to Make Chinese Dumplings: Cultural and Cooking Process - Certificate and CEUs
    Thanks for the reference to the site, it is right on target and I might learn something about real preparation of dumplings. But right now, I'm interested in completed an article I have been assigned to complete by Jan. 15 and yes, I have some other interviews set up with chef/owner authors and various Chinese restaurants in a number of cities. I do appreciate your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is this oil painting authentic by C. Westchiloff [ 2 Answers ]

I bought and oil on board painting at an estate sale and it has a signature of C. Westchiloff in the lower left corner. It has a stamp on the back that says Borin Art Product, Chicago 8, Ill. Is this worth anything?

If someone can speak chinese, I need your help! [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, I have found this forum to be quite valuable and I am hoping someone can help me out. I am looking to purchase some goods from a Chinese manufcature and import them to Australia. The product in particular are chair covers and the prices I have been quoted are very cheap. The...

Chinese gesture [ 3 Answers ]

I like to eat chines a lot but doctor tell`s not to eat lot of SOYA SOS. What should I do.

Pomegranate Inscription: Forgery or Authentic? [ 9 Answers ]

If you like History, Mystery or Science, you should check this out. You can even join in helping give judgment on it as no science is needed to judge it's authenticity. To bring you up to speed: Years ago an inscription was found which seemed to be the oldest mention of the "name of God": from...

Chinese engraving [ 5 Answers ]

My son wants the words Grandma and Grandpa engraved in Chinese onto an identity bracelet from them. Could someone translate for me please? Would this need special equipment? Thank you John Chapman

View more questions Search