Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nadia999 Posts: 69, Reputation: -2
    -

Jan 5, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Thermal treatment
    I want to have this Japanese straightening treatment but I don't like the very straight look especially at the end, I want the strand to be straight but not the whole look I want it with soft big waves, is it possible to do that or it has to be dead straight with this treatment , I mean can the hair dresser use curing iron instead of flattening iron, because flattening iron gives that dead straight look which I don't want, I rather have big waves and I can have the straight look when I want to at home. I've heard bad things (hair loss) about it and good things (makes the hair very shiny healthy looking). How to get this treatment with minimum damage? What is the best product to ask the hair dresser to use on my hair, I've heard of Lisc (not sure if this is the right name) and yuko. How much does it cost?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 5, 2008, 04:00 PM
    If you don't want very straight hair, then Thermal Hair Straightening isn't right for you. Thermal Straightening is designed to completely straighten curly or wavy hair permanently until the hair grows out.
    -

Jan 5, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Thanks pretty, I have small curls and I want big waves.
    Is texturizer the way to go for me? What is the best texurizer to ask for at the salon? Is x-tenso texurizer? Will it give the same shine as thermal treatment?
    -

Jan 6, 2008, 08:15 AM
    A hair texturizer will not make your hair completely straight, but it will loosen the curls and make your hair more manageable. If that's want you want, then a hair texturizer would be your best bet. Remember that this is a mild relaxer, and will alter the hair from it's natural state. So you will need to use hair care products designed for texturized hair to keep your hair healthy and shiny. The stylist will look at your hair and select a texturizer that's right for your hair type.
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Jan 6, 2008, 05:10 PM
    is x-tenso texturizer?
    -

Jan 6, 2008, 05:35 PM
    prettylady, I found x-tenso on eBay
    Is it safe to do it at home?
    When can I color my hair after?
    What is the difference between drug store dye and Salon dye?
    I when to this Philippino lady to do Japanese treatment, I told her I don't want it very straight so she rolled my hair and it came out very bad, very dry.
    From what you said, there is no way you can roll hair while performing Thermal treatment, is that right?
    So, any way that was close to a month. Is it safe now to do x-tenso?
    I was told once that x-tenso and Thermal treatment are the same except the first is weaker, is that true?
    What is the difference between regular hair relaxer and x-tenso?
    -

Jan 6, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by muna
    is x-tenso texturizer?

X-TENSO is a mild hair relaxer that smooths the frizz and reduces volume. This type of relaxer doesn't completely straighten the hair.
    -

Jan 6, 2008, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nadia999
    prettylady, I found x-tenso on ebay
    Is it safe to do it at home?
    I wouldn't recommend applying the X-Tenso hair relaxer yourself. You could damage your hair if it's not done properly.

When can I color my hair after?
    If you use a hair relaxer, you have to wait at least 2 weeks before applying a hair color.

What is the difference between drug store dye and Salon dye?
    Salon hair colors contain better ingredients than store bought hair coloring products.

I wen to this Philippino lady to do Japanese treatment, I told her I don't want it very straight so she rolled my hair and it came out very bad, very dry.
    From what you said, there is no way you can roll hair while performing Thermal treatment, is that right?
    That's correct.

So, any way that was close to a month. Is it safe now to do x-tenso?
    I was told once that x-tenso and Thermal treatment are the same exept the first is weaker, is that true?
    Thermal Hair Straightening and X-Tenso are both mild relaxers. No relaxers are safe to use. You should let a trained stylist apply it for you.

What is the difference between regular hair relaxer and x-tenso?

Regular hair relaxers contains sodium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide, or lithium hydroxide. The X-Tenso product uses an ingredient called thioglycolate.
    -

Jan 6, 2008, 10:02 PM
    Thanks a lot Prettylady

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermal Out? [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know what this means? Also can you explain it in the simpliest form possible :D :rolleyes: Thank You

About thermal energy [ 3 Answers ]

So here a friend of mine is doing a project and she needs help Thermal energy is an important source of heat in today's world given the price of oil and gas. Research how thermal energy can heat your house or place of work? Where does this energy come from? How does the heating system work?...

Thermal Fuse [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool le2500xtw1 dryer, I bought used.it worked fine for about a month, then one day it would run but not heat. First thing I did was get a new element. But the problem was the thermal fuse was blown. The replacement package had a new thermostat as well as the fuse. After a few days of...

Which thermal compound do I use? [ 1 Answers ]

29 November 2005. 0208 Hrs. U.S. Central time. FM: OilMan6 SUBJECT: Which thermal compound do I use? I just bought an ABIT motherboard, an Intel P4 CPU, And a thermaltake heatsink.

View more questions Search