Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mowens18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Pipes freezing?
    It's winter here now and this is the only time it happens. Some days I won't get any water up to my room on the second floor. But also sometimes the pump for the toilet won't start running? I have no idea about plumbing so could someone diagnose the problem for me?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 10:04 AM
    When it is cold out and goes below say 15 degrees it is a good idea to keep your cold water faucet turned on to just a bit more then a trickle. The cold water flowing keeps it from freezing. I live in a mobile home in colder climate and find this works great. The problem is when the water is not flowing. If you have kitchen on first floor keep cold water flowing there and keep cold water faucet on 2nd floor on also. You don't want frozen pipes as they may burst and case a lot of damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezing Pipes [ 7 Answers ]

My husband tells me that if you do not have cast iron pipes that you do not have to worry about your pipes freezing in the winter. Is that true? If water expands when it freezes, then it makes sense to me that it doesn't matter what kind of pipes you have. The reason I ask is because we are...

Keeping pipes from freezing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased a fix up home in another state and need to know how to bleed the pipes so that they don't freeze. I don't live in the area-do I need a plumber? The house has well and septic tank. Thanks!

AC freezing up. [ 5 Answers ]

Installed it all and charged it on Sunday. Coil is 2" above furnace, called a guy to braze pipes and check pressure. Said all was fine and good. Air was good and cold but it was clear some ductwork needed to be done so I am planning that, but I got plenty of return air and now I also got an inch...

Frozen pipes - detecting burst pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Cold side of the kitchen faucet was frozen this a.m. Trickle returned this evening, followed by an immediate drop in hot faucet pressure - then some brownish water - the brownish water lasted 20 seconds - but the pressure is still low 1/3 pressure now and can get both some hot and some cold Have...

Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My computer freezes when I am trying to watch Internet TV or stream video. Does anybody knows what is the problem? Tx

View more questions Search