Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 4, 2006, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    :) Great advice Chery and we all can feel that from your heart!:cool:
    Thanks dear, that's another reason why I love my therapy job (non-paying now) which I do from at home and on the phone. It's a shame that our future assets are not appreciated and nurtured, as they deserve.

mishiree Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2006, 11:26 PM
    I understand completely, I am now 22 and I went through the same thing. My dad was however and alcoholic and the abuse didn't stop until he got chemical poisoning in his blood and nearly died and had to stop drinking. I think my mom still goes through it, but doesn't tell me. Keep your head up and know its his problem not yours.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2006, 07:21 AM
    I am glad to know you are still trying to do something with your life, next you will need counseling when you get married and/or before, sadly being abused like this can and will cause you problems latter ( very likely not always)

Next if and when he hits you report it to your school counselor, they are trained to handle situations like that.
    lilfyre's lil girl Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2006, 09:43 PM
    Hello there,
    I know what you going through my dad verbaly abused too. My parents are together but the same as yours one day they love each other then the next day there going to kill each other. I know how much it messes with your mind and it makes me hate them most of the time. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here you can talk to me. If you have msn messenger, Yahoo messenger or aim you can add me I'm on most always on.

Devan
    Addicted 2 the beach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Hi sweeti, aww I'm so sorry for everything you've been through, it must be very painfull for you, I really hope everything turns out allright for you. Keep your head up and don't let others put you down! You know you're a good,lovely,intelligent person and what your dad says is rubbish so don't listen to it. He sounds like the sort of person who finds it hard to express love or positive thoughts to others and prefers to say negative stuff and criticize. It's him that's in the wrong and not you. You don't deserve to be treated the way you do. If you're still living like this with an abusive father (as I know it was last year when you posted on here), my advice to you, and anyone else who's in a similar situation, is to try to get away from the house as much as possible as being around someone abusive like your dad isn't healthy. Spend time with friends and maybe sleepover at their's or a relative's now and then. You could join clubs/take up a hobby,things you enjoy, or make visits to the library, shopping or go somewhere/do something you like that'll occupy you and help you forgot about your home problems. Ignore your dad's rants (try to focus your mind on other things in your head when he starts on you) and keep away from him. If you can't, do things that'll absorb your mind like reading/listening to music/drawing/writing/watching tv/calling or texting friends or studying etc. as far away in the house as possible from your parents (and if you're in a situation where you wanted to block sounds and voices out, you could wear earplugs/listen to music). Taking up a part-time job if you haven't already could also be something to focus your mind and yourself on. If you have any other relatives you can contact, it might really help talking to them about it or talking to a counselor as although you seem like a strong person, dealing with your emotions with someone else who understands and will try to help can be a slight burden lifted off your shoulders. Its not too healthy if you keep it all bottled inside. If not a relative or counselor, maybe a good friend? I find meditation can be very calming if you're feeling upset or angry. It basically involves closing you eyes and breathing deep breaths in and out, trying to clear things from your head, and just focusing on your breathing. If you just start, you won't suddenly master it. You should try 5mins of it the 1st day, then abit more the 2nd and then more the next so on. You might not notice big changes at first but once you've mastered it and after awhile of doing it everyday, I find you'll feel more calm and peaceful about things.
    Remember, you won't have to live like this forever, keep your head focused and carry on doing great in your studying and you'll soon beable to move away from home and start your own new life afresh and free from your dad :) god bless you hunni, lotsa lv xXx <3
    LByronn Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Apr 14, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deprived
    I didnt have a dad when I was small. My first 4 years I had a rough time with my mom. Afterwards, my dad came back. Ever since then they had been going on and off. And now, its coming close to my birthday. My dad has hit me, and he has verbaly abused me. Everyday. Oh, your fat. Your ugly. Stupid. I am so sick of it. I feel like im the only one in the world who has this crappy dad. I know, im not the only one. But it sure as hell feels like it when im getting yelled at from my dad. Im not fat, or ugly. Or stupid. I have a gpa of 3.5. I've gotten accepted into programs that would PAY for my college. And still, he rants on about me. Someone. Please. Tell me you know what im going through.
    Hey, You know what? You remind me of something, I have been through such things long time ago. I had to deal with my mom and I always felt that she did not like me. She was always picking on me and calls me names. I was 16 when I decided to leave the house. Life was hard then but I made it through.
    Let me tell you now, I have done good things all my life just to prove she was wrong. I do have a pretty good situation now, and I overheard that she would love to see me again. Time will look over that matter and your dad might be proud of you one day either you let time work for you or you just don't look back and go on to your life.
    I haven't talked to my mom since 1976 I feel OK with that. It is really up to you U guess what I have done might not be the best thing to do but I did survive.
    mommysgurl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Hey hun... I know exactly how you feel because I go through the same thing tooo... it sucks but I have learned that I have to prove my dad wrong and I do at a lot of things but sometimes that just makes things worse... he hits me to and I finally get out of the hell hold hopefully my mom is trying to get custody over me... but umm does your mom know that he talks to you in that way and that he hits you... or does he wait till its you and him and it feels like you get it twice as worse... thats what mine did and finally my mom talked me into showing the school counselor and it got social services in it and everything... from what I've been through is what I understand is that if he leaves a mark on your body for no reason it is abuse and you can take action...
    heartbreaker07 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2007, 09:29 AM
    ohhhhhhh girl, I know how u feel, and there is one day that goes by that I wish him dead, I know it's a sin to say that you hate your father but damn it I do. U got to hang in there baby girl, because u know u got your whole life in front of u, do good and don't let it bother u a lot. Find something that makes u happy and trie to stay out of his way, BASTARDS NEVER CHANGE. U don't need him, u sound like a wonderful person. God bless
    depressive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 12:52 PM
    You're not alone, some fathers are just not grateful of what they have, I'm in the same situation as you, my father beats the crap out of me, and today, for the very first time, I actually defended myself, he punches me and hits me as if he were in a fight with a GUY. I'm a 17 year old girl, and I honestly know where you're coming from. :(
    purple1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 11:17 PM

I feel for you! All of you out there being hit and beat, and abused. I have a Master's in Social Work. I have worked with many families, children, and teens. I have two questions. Are you saying your father hit you recently? How old are you? All girls on here that are being hit, regardless of age! Hitting someone is called abuse. When someone hits you, verbally abuses you, or sexually abuses you, CALL THE POLICE! There's no reason to have to live in fear! Even if it is a mother, father, or relative! Mummysgurl is so right!
    Love yourselves, protect yourselves! Stand up for yourselves by doing the right thing! Tell/call the police as soon as you can, but remember, your safety always comes first, if doing so at the time puts you in danger, wait until you are sure you are safe to do so, and call the police!
    The feelings of hate, harming the person are a natural response to repetitive abuse. Don't ever let anyone break your spirit! or destroy your beauty, or take away your faith, your hope, and your ability to feel compassion!
    When you are having negative thoughts and feelings, take a deep, deep breath, and tell yourself that you must focus on the positive... when someone calls you ugly, or fat, or any derogatory name - go to the mirror and tell yourselves out loud that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Tell yourselves this: "Self, I love myself the way I am, there's nothing I need to change. I'm beautiful, I'm capable, there's nothing to rearrange."
    Iskata Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 06:31 AM

I can see your pain.I have felt it too.The same thing but I know what to do.He sounds lika a guy that is not happy with himself and pours it on others.I am not an expert but try to go to a family sichologist.No matter how much you try you must do it that is the way my problem not dissapeard but at least fainted a lot and the rest was all jokes.I can't say anything more, hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself [ 33 Answers ]

I'm so insicure about about everything I think I'm ugly fat and stupid and I just don't want to be around anymore I always think that everyone would be better off without me And that I'm just in the way of everyone I feel like my life is nothing but a big screw up And that I'm useless I...

Ugh I hate this please help [ 13 Answers ]

Really like two ofmy ex boyfriends one I think hates me well he tells me he likes me and stuff but he's only mentioned me giving him head and I said no then he asked if we could be friends with benefits that's what we were before we didn't have a cometment but all we did was makeout and cuddle but...

Why Does My Son Hate Me? [ 16 Answers ]

I really have had it with the disrespect, fighting, etc... It seems no matter how hard I try all we do is fight. He is 16 and this has been going on for a couple of years. I really think he hates me. It seems nothing I can do is right. No matter how nice I am he still snaps at me about everything....

Why does my son hate me? [ 24 Answers ]

Hello. I am new to this site. I have an 18 year old whom just moved out. All we do is argue. He calls me terrible names. He treats me so badly that I had to kick him out. I just don't get it. I helped him get a car twice and even let him be quoted on our insurance. He works full time and has no...

Don't you hate it when... [ 13 Answers ]

Don't you hate it when you have a friend that you enjoy hanging out with, but they are so insecure about their appearance, that they rip on every girl that walks by that is somewhat attractive (even ones that aren't at all) and can't stand it when a girl even says "hi" to her husband. It makes me...

View more questions Search