Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catmama56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Thermocouple removal
    How do I remove the thermocouple from a Coleman 7900 seris Presidential furnace? The pilot stays lit only as long as I have the button depressed.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 04:38 AM
    Removal of a thermocouple is a mechanical type operation. One end will screw/thread off the valve. The other end will pull out or have a clip that holds it in place. If you are working on a Mobile home then you will have to pull the burner out. That consists of turning off and disconnecting the gas line and removal of attaching bolts/nuts that hold the burner in place.

Many times it is better to contact someone local if you do not know what you are doing on a mobile home furnace since they are a bit more involved that a stick built home furnace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermocouple replacement. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox G12 furnace, about 20 years old, still working well except for the pilot light which has its off moments when it keeps going out. These seem to be periodic in that it will stay on for quite a time then start going out again for a few days, after which it works OK again. I have had...

Pilot Light goes out, thermocouple is new [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the thermocouple on my gas furnace last night because the pilot light wouldn't light. The furnace worked all night. This morning the pilot light went out again. What do I do now?:( :confused:

Burned out thermocouple [ 1 Answers ]

As I had stated in a previous question I have a few minor problems with the furnace in the fourteen years we have it. This is the most annoying one. I have replaced it at least 20 times. A service man installed one that lasted only seven days. I had the gas company install one and it lasted...

Thermocouple... can you test? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a problem with my water heater. Its only 3 years old and when it got turned back on it worked for a bit then stopped. I then couldn't get the pilot light to stay on... held for many minutes. Being uneducated in water heaters I just assumed it was the thermocouple. As I started to dissasemble...

Thermocouple Installation Question [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced a thermocouple using a Honeywell standard Thermocouple for a Genesis boiler and everything seems to be working fine. My concern is that I see a flame both at the end of the thermocouple and the base of the thermocouple. I own a three family and thus have three boilers one of...

View more questions Search