Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladybug77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 02:37 AM
    Cant get off with new partner
    I am 30 - have had an orgasm before. Can achieve an orgasm with masturbation (unfortunately I can never bring myself to do that enough). Anyhow, I am with a new partner whom I love deeply. I can't stop pleasing him... but he can't seem to please me. I want to have an orgasm, but every time he touches me and I get aroused... I plataeu and then the feeling just stops. Its so disheartening and confusing. I thought maybe I needed to relax... but I don't know how or why I can't with him. I have never had a problem with anyone before. He tries and we have even tried toys and clitoral stimulation but it all ends the same way... him confused and me hurt. Anyone have any suggestions, I don't want this to ruin our relationship.
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Jan 5, 2008, 06:19 AM
    If I may suggest not having sex for a week or so and then spend lots of time building up to the big event. A meal for two, bathing together, massaging each other, both dress sexy, smell nice, use sexy innuendos, dirty talk, hold back for as long as you can and then go at it and enjoy yourself.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Are you instructing him on what and where you wish to have stimulation.

Also from the mental side, if you put too much stress on it, often you won't because of the pressure
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 11:30 AM
    What I get from your question is that this relationship is extremely important to you, and you are probably thinking marriage and happily ever after... am I correct? Piling on all these expectations onto the sex act has "paralyzed" you, so to speak. In addition, you do not have a history of orgasmic copulation which is very important.

I think you would benefit greatly from going to a sex therapist who can teach you how to accept pleasure and orgasm. A few lessons and a little talk would go a long way in helping you relax. Help you learn what to focus on... the moment!

Best wishes to you,
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Also, research the topic online. There are instructional videos that can help.
    SaraKammeraad Posts: 82, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2009, 07:26 AM

I agree with pretty much everyone. The only thing that I want to point out is that it could all just be in your head. Emotions have a lot to do with things. You might not be completely comfortable with him or with however your having intercourse. Example: I personally don't like intercourse in the day due to lighting, or at night with the lights on, but I ave no problem walking around naked in front of my spouse. It might be something similar, but not as noticiable to him or you.
    penelopiepink Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Sex isn't really about the organism. Are you enjoying what comes before that. Try to not care about that but really enjoy the moment of what you two are experiencing. He is a new partner and you just need to enjoy each other. That is the best part. I am sure if you do that, it will come along with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting a partner [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house with a partner. Both names are on the deed. She has not met her end of the financial responsibility. How can I evict her or sell the property. The loans are in my name.

Ex partner [ 4 Answers ]

My ex partner has left twice now for someone else I had a tarot reading which said he was coming back just like to know are these readings ever wrong

Corporate Partner [ 3 Answers ]

I have a partner who ran a business did not pay payroll taxes and were are stuck with a 2 yr taxes... any comments?

View more questions Search