Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cho Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by workerbee
    If a person has a damaged spine you can pray till you are blue in the face and nothing will happen.
    workerbee
    There is a boundary between logic and faith.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cho
    There is a boundary between logic and faith.
    I don't understand. What logic are you referring to?

Feb 11, 2008, 08:53 AM
    I am just refferring to logical thinking like using our brain.

If I saw a man with a damaged spine I would get him medical help and pray to god that he gets well fast.

Feb 11, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Cho, you have to read what i say. I know Jesus is mentioned but NOT during his life ANYWHERE, that's a fact. he is only mentioned 40 years and more after he died. So some scholars say because of this he might not of existed at all. I question not only Christianity, and Islam but every religion everywhere. Basically I give facts and you ignore them to believe what you want. Doesn't matter to me.
    workerbee
    I do read every answer and I do think before answering.

I only meant to ask whether you think the whole genealogy of Jesus as well was made up?
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 09:12 AM
    I am just refferring to logical thinking like using our brain.

If i saw a man with a damaged spine i would get him medical help and pray to god that he gets well fast.
    Shouldn't just praying do the trick?

Feb 11, 2008, 09:30 AM
    My logic asks me to act first and pray later.God is not a miracle waiting to happen.
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Ah, so you rely on the fruits of science first.
    workerbee Posts: 104, Reputation: 7

Feb 11, 2008, 03:45 PM
    From your last replies Cho, I think you are an Atheist waititng to happen.Your thinking and a realist as well. Good. As far as Jesus goes I personally believe that he existed but was just a man, my point is that it does not matter what I believe if the research says he never existed. His geneolgy is off if he never existed obviously but no one can say for sure. I was just giving another veiwpoint on him.

workerbee

Feb 12, 2008, 06:40 AM
    I also believe Jesus to be a man not an ordinary one like as though.I mean he never told he is the god.Besides he always used to refer God as his father.So clearly there was someone above him.

Feb 12, 2008, 06:43 AM
    I'm not an atheist.I am spiritual but not religious.

Feb 12, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Ah, so you rely on the fruits of science first.
    And it is my belif that science has progressed this much due to God's grace.
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Feb 16, 2008, 11:42 PM
    God loves everybody.Jesus even forgave the disciple who gave him away.
    Besides what happened to jews during Hitler's time was punishment from God himself for killing Jesus.It was fate.Hitler was just an instrument in the hands of God.THIS IS MY BELIEF.I AM NOT AGAINST JEWS OR ANYTHING.
    Cho, I am sorry but I really have to question you on this one. You have contradicted yourself severely in these two lines.

Besides that this is not the God I believe in. Jesus died so that we could have his message of loving others more than ourselves--as he loved us more than himself. (workerbee, whether he was immortal or not he died for a message) As I believe, it is not a Christian God you are describing as vengeful (maybe an OT God) but that God could not have created the entire universe because he would be little better than us and we can't even comprehend the entire universe.

Feb 17, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Cmm, if you read some of my posts jesus may not have existed at all. Whether he did or not what you might not know is: When Jesus was killed his brother James became the leader Not peter as most people think . He was so loved that he became known as james the just. The point is that he taught something diiferent than what people BELIEVE jesus taught. So now it is believed that what Jesus supposely taught may not be what you think

Good to hear from you again.

workerbee
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Feb 17, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Cmm, if you read some of my posts jesus may not have existed at all. Whether he did or not what you might not know is: When Jesus was killed his brother James became the leader Not peter as most people think . He was so loved that he became known as james the just. the point is that he taught something diiferent than what people BELIEVE jesus taught. So now it is believed that what Jesus supposely taught may not be what you think

workerbee
    Does it really matter? If the message can change the world (if people follow it) do the details of how we got it really affect the message?

(Don't really know I am actually asking--please note I am not asking about the details, i.e. whether Jesus existed)

I was taking a break from arguing--sorry "debating."

Cho--do you still think it is possible that God is a large amount of energy? Have you gleaned any new ideas from all of this about your original question?

Feb 18, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CMM_Kaleido

As I believe, it is not a Christian God you are describing as vengeful (maybe an OT God) but that God could not have created the entire universe because he would be little better than us and we can't even comprehend the entire universe.
    Who is the christian god? Jesus? He never told he was god.Did he? Though I believe Jesus was no ordinary mortal.

I am sorry that I told god was vengeful.my mistake.I must say, that incident was just an aftermath or consequence of what they did to Jesus.

Feb 18, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Cmm, if you read some of my posts jesus may not have existed at all. Whether he did or not what you might not know is: When Jesus was killed his brother James became the leader Not peter as most people think . He was so loved that he became known as james the just. the point is that he taught something diiferent than what people BELIEVE jesus taught. So now it is believed that what Jesus supposely taught may not be what you think

workerbee
    Where did you get this.May I know the source

Feb 18, 2008, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CMM_Kaleido

Cho--do you still think it is possible that God is a large amount of energy? Have you gleaned any new ideas from all of this about your original question?
    Now I think this was a silly question.Actually I needed an explanation based on science.and I posted this question under science.But someone probably moderators moved this under religion.Nobody got an exact answer.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 05:55 AM
    The ultamatium of all ultamatiums.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 06:01 AM
    I moved this to religion because it is not science in any way. It's religious speculation. I also don't believe that science and God are mutually exclusive at all. It might be if you are a biblical literalist, but I think that this viewpoint is plainly ridiculous in the light of scientific work.

God and science are compatible, if someone thinks that they are at odds then they need to learn more about science or look more closely at their faith. I have a very dedicated Christian friend who is applying for a PhD in astrophysics, he accepts evolution, the big bang, and other scientific theories based on the evidence for them, but still has room for the Christian God in his worldview.

There are things that science currently has no explanation for, and things that may never be explained by science. God can fit in here. The idea of a God is slightly ugly under scientific principles, because he cannot be observed or measured, but it's still a possibility that science doesn't rule out.

Feb 18, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Where did you get this.May I know the source

Cho, This was from years of reading Biblical scholars. You can find lots on his brother James the just, who became the Bishop of Jerusalem, A very powerful position at the time. Today we have the Pauline Christainity James taught something different than what we see today. Example Jesus never wanted non-jews in his church. Remember there was all kind of politics as well. Over the years messages change the way people are inclined to believe.

Wokrerbee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search