Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cho
    God loves everybody.Jesus even forgave the disciple who gave him away.
    Besides what happened to jews during Hitler's time was punishment from God himself for killing Jesus.It was fate.Hitler was just an instrument in the hands of God.THIS IS MY BELIEF.I AM NOT AGAINST JEWS OR ANYTHING.

Cho -

Yes, I believe, like , you that God loves everybody...

But

:eek:

Whatever helped you to form the belief of what you indicated above. My goodness. That is not my belief at all. Jewish people are God's children and he loves them as well.
    That's a first that I heard that. To me that's an incredibly sad belief. God is a loving God and I know you have nothing against Jewish people, and why should you? They are beautiful people and children of God as well.
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Feb 18, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Who is the christian god??Jesus??He never told he was god.Did he??Though I believe Jesus was no ordinary mortal.
    This is a question for the Christian theologian's out there. There may even be a difference between their beliefs. Catholics believe in the Holy Trinity, which is the Father (God), Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit or Ghost. For Catholics, as I was taught, they are all one and the same. I'm afraid I don't understand it myself so I can't explain any further.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
    CMM - I agree, explaining the Holy Trinity is difficult and even fully understanding it.

Father, (God), Son, (Jesus) Holy Spirit ( and I think Holy Spirit). = Holy Trinity

But to answer the question I think, the Christian God, is God and His son is Jesus. I think it would be the same.

Sorry, don't think I was much help.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Feb 18, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Who is the source of all consciousness? Who is the source of life?

Kabbalists say that G-d (HaShem) is the Ultimate Reality and the Endless One (Ein Sof) and I agree. We can't stuff something as vast and abstract as that into any rigid concept or image. Even the tetragrammaton is best only a hint, because the One (HaShem) to whom it refers is beyond names and concepts. The Hebrew letters yud, hey, vav, hey is written out in English as "Y/H/V/H." In other words, "was/is/and/will be." Albert Einstein, who is generally recognized as the greatest scientist who ever lived wrote: "Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe. A spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we, with all our modest powers, must feel humble."
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 06:37 AM
    even Albert Einstein belived in God.why can't you as a graduate in phy
    Einstein did not, at least nothing at all comparable with the Christian God. Although I'm not sure why this is relevant.
    workerbee Posts: 104, Reputation: 7

Feb 19, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Einstein, is quoted that he is not a believer in God.
    CMM-Kaleido, As far as his message I don't buy it for one second. Many ancient beliefs were of total forgiveness. One group (I forget the name) influenced Gandhi and Martin luther king Jr got it from Gandhi look what happened to the both of them. Forgiving enemies sounds good to hear but it is worthless in reality. IMO jesus was not very bright
    Said lots of ignorant things like "All illness is caused by sin" I am still baffled that people take his words seriously.

workerbee
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Feb 19, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Albert Einstein was of a Reform Jewish background, which ironically is the same as myself. He didn't make regular practice of attending service, but as his quote relates from his own science learned intellect, he concluded that we, as humans, have a superior when observing the mechanisms at work in our universe. I think it is fair to say, as Capuchin pointed out, that Einstein's views was not that of modern Christianity.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 19, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by workerbee
    Einstein, is quoted that he is not a believer in God.
    CMM-Kaleido, As far as his message I don't buy it for one second. many ancient beliefs were of total forgiveness. One group (I forget the name) influenced Ghandi and Martin luther king Jr got it from Ghandi look what happened to the both of them. forgiving enemies sounds good to hear but it is worthless in reality. IMO jesus was not very bright
    said lots of ignorant things like "All illness is caused by sin" I am still baffled that people take his words seriously.

workerbee
    Romans 12:
    17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[d]says the Lord. 20On the contrary:
    "If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[e] 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

MLK was a Baptist Minister. He made a huge impact. Is Civil Rights "worthless," workerbee?

Compare that to his contemporary Malcolm X.

Feb 20, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Civil right is is not worthless, that's for sure There are other ways of going about it. MLK and his non-violence beliefs were not the reason of change. He believed is a cause and fought for it Whether he was a Christain or not change would have happened if you work hard enough. Turning the other cheek is silly and not realistic behavior. Being kind to people who hate you is what I am referring too I believe that jesus said something about "If someone steals from you give him your cloak as well" I don't in the box you would do that, very few would but it sounds good, in reality no very good. If you are going to quote that silly book of yours quote the MANY parts that condone slavery. I am sure you will say it is not true but I can quote from the Bible as well.

workerbee
    Cho Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2008, 04:14 AM
    Capuchin and Workerbee

May I assume u 2 don't believe in god.In that case I would like to inform you that recently foundation stone was laid for a research organisation which will integrate tradition with morality, science with spirituality and ethics with technology. I think they will prove the existence of The God .may be I'm going to get the answer for this question from them.

Sonia to lay foundation for research institute in Kerala - Yahoo! India News
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 04:24 AM
    From that link:
    The foundation is currently conducting a research focused on the teachings of the late Guru who delved into the science related to the soul and its cosmic relation with human life and experiences.
    'We are also conducting research on the influence of spirituality in medicament and help to improvise and standardize the quality of Ayurveda and Siddha medicines. We have two registered patents and several research projects are in the pipeline and at various levels,' added Njanatapsi.
    I don't see where they have a goal of trying to prove there is a god.

Feb 21, 2008, 04:33 AM
    The foundation is currently conducting a research focused on the teachings of the late Guru who delved into the science related to the soul and its cosmic relation with human life and experiences.
    What do you know about the teachings of Guru? Itz all about the relation between God and humans.Everything's about spirituality without endorsing any of the religion that exist today.i.e. just spiritual not religious.I believe spirituality comes along with the concept of God.Am I wrong?

Motto of Santhigiri is
    "WORD IS TRUTH. TRUTH IS GURU. GURU IS GOD"

Feb 21, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Capuchin and Workerbee

May i assume u 2 dont belive in god.In that case i would like to inform u that recently foundation stone was laid for a research organisation which will integrate tradition with morality, science with spirituality and ethics with technology. i think they will prove the existence of The God .may be i'm going to get the answer for this question from them.

Sonia to lay foundation for research institute in Kerala - Yahoo! India News

Cho, people have been trying to prove God for centuries. No one can. This won't either
    But you do have some proofs already but are a bit closeminded to look at them, Go to my signature and read, not for just 5 minutes. At that site you can get on the forum and ask those questions from people who are very educated, there are also areas for christians,science, former christians, etc You might find an answer or a partial answer there. Who knows in time you might understand why I think the way I do.

workerbee
    nilgajera Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 08:32 AM
    I want to say, I'm hindu,and if you came from any religion you must read "swami vivekananda".
    God is supersoul and he is cause for anything happen in this "temporary world"
    There is nothing more than god so not science also.
    I think you must read & know about hindu mythology.
    Ethmer Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2008, 08:45 PM

"who is God? where is God?"

The answers to those two questions depend upon what religious faith you accept as valid -- and there are many to choose from!

In my opinion

1. God created/caused our spirits (entities) along with the universe to come into being. God established the purpose for it all but doesn't involve Its self in the continuance or activities of same.

2. "Sin" is man's concept and is utilized by men to control other men. The human caused "negative events" that take place are circumstances that are considered by us in the non-life experience between incarnations as we evaluate the successes and failures we made as we attempted to achieve our goals during our incarnations.

3. The Bible (and similar religious books) is a necessary concoction created by man to control man and his environment. It was necessary because mankind, in its infancy, did not have the medical and technological knowledge to conquer and understand its environment so had to be controlled by superstitions which were found to save lives and further the survivability of the various human societies.

Why did God make the world?

In my opinion, God diversified Itself into Its many parts and charged those parts (entities) to go forth and acquire knowledge and experience and to then return to the Oneness of God.

The entities caused the creation of the universe and everything therein and individually choose to inhabit the physical bodies.

The entities may incarnate/reincarnate many times before gravitating back into the Oneness of God.

SPECULATIONS

Speculation: 1 Is God necessary?

Yes!

There has to be a Source from which the "big bang" sprang forth Creating the universe.

Speculation: 2 What is God?

God is the ultimate Cause.

God is the Creative Entity, Energy or Force from which all is derived.

Speculation: 3 Where is God?

God is in a state of awareness that is outside the universe.

God has morphed part of Itself into those entities (spirits) that inhabit the universe and the physical bodies within.

Speculation: 4 Why is God?

God Is because God Is.

God is eternal, existing independent of time or the universe.

Speculation: 5 Is God concerned?

No!

God is not concerned with the daily functioning of the universe or matters within it. That is our domain and subject to our whim.

Speculation: 6 What are we?

We are the spirits (entities) of God.

God morphed into Us and we continue to create according to God's purpose.

Our physical bodies are simply the means we use to experience and function in the physical dimension.

Speculation: 7 Why are we?

We are for the purpose of gaining knowledge and experience.

In the end, we gravitate back into the Oneness of God allowing for the fulfillment of God.

Speculation: 8 Evolution

Evolution is simply a tool of Creation.

The entities often influence the direction of evolution along desired paths.

From my chosen path I stray,
    Yet my God ne'er turns away;
    For I have learned -- and understand,
    That where God is -- is where I am!

Feb 22, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Ethmer, the need to believe in God is a. psychological one. You say God is necessary but should he be necessary if he does not exist? Think about it

workerbee
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 08:48 AM
    What is god??There is always this clash between science & god.Can God be a huge amount of energy??

For me - I guess the question would be - Who is God? I believe God is our Heveanly Father who loves each of us.

Can he be a huge amount of energy? I don't think so, but I truly don't know.

But if I answered your first question as you asked it... What is God...

God is love :)

Feb 23, 2008, 03:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nilgajera
    i want to say, i m hindu,and if you came from any religion you must read "swami vivekananda".
    god is supersoul and he is cause for anything happen in this "temporary world"
    there is nothing more than god so not science also.
    i think you must read & know about hindu mythology.
    I myself born into a hindu family.But me not a hindu

Feb 23, 2008, 03:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma

I don't see where they have a goal of trying to prove there is a god.
    I'm sorry. You are right.They are going to research about the life of great people and their teachings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search