Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khnervick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Replacing 3-wire thermostat with Honeywell RTH230B
    I am trying to replace a White Rodgers 1E35-910 thermostat with a Honeywell RTH230B. Three wires, labeled W, R, and Y were connected to terminals 4, 5, and 6, respectively on the old thermostat. I have a baseboard hot water heating system. Connecting 4&5 opens the zone valve (White Rodgers 1311-103) and connecting 5&6 closes the zone valve. The Honeywell instructions are unclear about how to properly configure and wire the thermostat. Does the RcRh jumper need to be in place or removed? What wires go into which terminal? Thanks for the help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 11:40 PM
    I think you better reconsider the thermostat you are trying to use.

White Rodgers suggests this for a set back type

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/.../0037-6814.pdf

OR this for standard manual control.

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/..._06_pg0020.pdf

1E30-910

3 wire style takes a special stat as far as I know.

Read under introduction
    2 wire hot water systems

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1800.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old thermostat with a Honeywell RTH230B [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing my old Honeywell mecury thermostat with a programmable Honeywell RTH230B. I have two unmarked wires (red & white) connected to the old thermostat. I know, given my furnace, that I need to use connections "RH" and "W" on my new thermostat. What wire, Red/White goes to what...

Replacing Janitrol with Honeywell RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Janitrol analog thermostat. It has 7 wires hooked up. Terminal - Color Y - Yellow Com - Blue R - Red G - Green w2 - Looks white E/w3 - Looks pink O - Orange

Janitrol 7 wire to Honeywell RTH230B 5 wire [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Janitrol digital thermostat. I can't read the model #. It has 8 terminals and 7 wires hooked up. Terminal - Color Y - Yellow Com - Blue R - Red G - Green w2 - Looks white E/w3 - Looks pink O - Orange B - Nothing

Honeywell rth230b - 4 wire two red and two white [ 8 Answers ]

I replaced my old mercury thermostat last fall with a honeywell rth230b digital model and furnace worked fine all winter, now that I am trying to use my air conditioner its like the thermostat does not recognize cool. I have 4 wires two red and two white, one of the Red wires I have plugged into...

Replacing janitrol hpt18-60 w/ honeywell rth230b [ 1 Answers ]

My existing thermostat is a Janitrol HPT18-60. Wich has 7 connections, and 6 wires... Y-yellow, G-green, R-tan, O-brown, C-blue, and a red wire connecting an E and W2. I'd like to replace it w/ a Honeywell RTH230B. Wich has... Rh, Rc, W, Y, and G. However, I cannot find a wiring schematic,...

View more questions Search