Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alancwa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 05:13 PM
    External hard drive
    I am running a HP A1657C PC,I would like to purchase a external hard drive about 160 gig can you advice which one would be right for me. I want to back up c drive and at present only using about 30 gig but want room to expand.
    Thanks for reading this and any info you can offer
    Alan
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Any USB external drive will suit you, look for a sale or the options are really based on how mych you want to spend - I've recently seen 300gb drives at 129.00 on sale
    When you get new external drive, format it as NTFS for better and faster performance
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 10:58 PM
    If your in canada try dell.ca we just bought a 500 GB external for 119.00 on sale.

As said above any external hard drive will work, its USB usually

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

External Hard Drive [ 2 Answers ]

What up, I just purchased a new PC and I would like to know if I upload all my music and pictures on the PC, will I be able to transfer all info to an external hard drive if I purchase one months down the road? Appreciate the help and Happy Holidays to all!

Installing OS on external hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

How do I install on OS on an external hard drive ? Is that possible? :confused:

Need a non-USB external hard drive [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to utilize an old (read: OLD) Thinkpad to play .mp3's on my home stereo. Problem is, the laptop doesn't have a USB port. Are there (ok, were there) ext h-d's that weren't USB dependent, or do I need to find a USB flash card?

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Freecom External Classic Hard Drive, 153 GB Available. Attempted to “Microsoft Backup” my Laptop (approx 40GB of data) to External Hard Drive. After about 10 minutes of operating I got the following Message – “You have either run out space or the backup file (.BKF) is too large for...

View more questions Search