Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MASGOTH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 12:17 PM
    PACKARD BELL laptop just won't start/ boot
    Hi all, thanks for looking,
    Problem...
    I have a packard bell easy note laptop that refuses to boot/start at all.
    I was having problems anyway so I did a recovery/ formatt where it wiped off all software and restored it back to factory settings.via the start menu( can't remember which button!)
    As these do not come with a recovery cd!
    Now when I press the start button I get the error recovery screen with safe mode etc
    If I press anything I get the windows loading bar for about 3 seconds,screen flashes blue with some kind of message(which vanishes so fast you can't read it,very helpful!) then turns off or restarts only for the same thing to happen,
    Also note I have just pressed f11 while restarting and am in a page called windows boot manager. With message staus oxc0000034
    Info an unexpected error has occurd.
    Please bear in mind that I'm really not to clever on the PC side so any help in PC thick /english please!
    Thanks for your time
    Ta gary
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 11:02 PM
    What model laptop?
    Try tapping the F8 key on when you start the PC and then shoose start normally, note messages if any - same process now choose safe mode, note messages if any
    MASGOTH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Hi ,have tried that ,still does exactly the same thing. Model is easynote arc21
    Thanks gary
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Try downloading this program "Emergency Boot CD"
    Emergency Boot CD

Follow instructions on page and you will end up with an .iso program, now you have to burn that iso file to a cd

Here is a link for a ISO creator if you don't already have one

How to Write ISO Files to CD

Post back
    chapas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 11:34 AM
    Better check for memory ram in those cases is common when it is defective to do so. Change the position of the cards, or try them each at a time in slot 0, if you have a new one or any other laptop working in good condition, remove one from it and try in the defective PC if it does`nt work then try to change CPU, in this cases both CPU and memory are connected. Try to be sure that the hardware you use is compatible with your PC, or else you will have more problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Packard Bell Scanner [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help me .I have just bought a new Pc with windows vista , and cannot seem to find any drivers to install my scanner,it is a Packard Bell Diamond 1200.Can anyone tell me if this is compatible with vista or do I now have to buy a new scanner.

80s kids show or movie! Its driving me nuts not knowing! [ 3 Answers ]

When I was a kid around 5 I think... there was a show or movie my mom had taped... it was around the same time as popples and the zoobalie zoo... but I can't think of the name it had theses little stuffed animals who were like blue and all kinds of colors and I think they were made of quilt and...

4month old compaq laptop won't boot [ 2 Answers ]

HI, If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. My Compaq Presario V5204NR Will not load windows. When I first turn it on, it displays a screen about an inconvience and list a few ways to boot, safe mode being one of them. It will not work from any of them, it starts running windows xp, then...

Packard bell diamond 1200 plus scanner won't install [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I have a Packard bell diamond 1200 scanner plus and when I tried to install it the other day it said it couldn't verify it certificate and continuing with the installation could destabilize and impar my computer, the thing is that I installed it before and its worked fine but I don't know why it...

View more questions Search