Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Not sure about why the jumper from Y to W but it will not effect this test.
    chriswms Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Unhooked jumper from RH unhooked jumper from Y jumped Y where yellow wire is to RH where red wire is and lines got freezing cold?

Jan 4, 2008, 07:46 PM
    After hook up I turned power back to stat and turned to heat and let run for 3-5mins and lines got freezing cold

Jan 4, 2008, 07:48 PM
    In the ritetemp book it says W is heating return. Should I instead jump from RH to Y and leave jumper from Y to W in so that all three are connected
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Your heat pump may energise the reversing valve in the heating mode(only a few do this) jump R to Y and O this will energise the reversing valve in heating.See if the lines get hot now.

Jan 4, 2008, 08:08 PM
    OK went back in there to redo the wiring.. didn't realize that with the stat off the outside unit would still be running, touched the lines on the inside unit and they were nice and hot... so I never did jump R to Y to O.. So now what?
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 08:15 PM
    You got the wrong T-stat or not set up right for heat pump. What make and model of stat do you have.

Jan 4, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Rite temp 8082c

http://www.ritetemp-thermostats.com/8082C.html
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 08:36 PM
    I looked at the wire diagram for your T-stat. At the thermostat keep the jumper from RH to RC and keep the jumper from Y to W give it a try.

Jan 4, 2008, 08:38 PM
    That's how I had it to begin with?
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 08:49 PM
    The site says under construction so I can not see the installation guide. Sorry.

Jan 4, 2008, 08:49 PM
    I don't know what the heck happened but it works now. I don't know if the outside unit just needed a jump start or what but its kicking now. I really appreciate all your time and help. Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Stay warm and good night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New ac with heat strip blows out cool air. [ 5 Answers ]

I recently (8 months)had a Fedders Ac System installed with a heat strip, but the heat does not seem to work properly. It blows out cool air and takes for ever to warm the house. The contractor has since moved to Dubai so I cannot get in touch with him. Is there anything I can check myself ?...

Gas furnace lights, goes off after a minute or so, then blows cool air [ 6 Answers ]

We just noticed this problem today, on the coldest day it has been this winter. Don't know if the cold has anything to do with this issue or not, but I don't think so after reading through the forum. The problem appears to be that our furnace (about 15-20 years old, Magic Chef/Comfortmaker Ultra II...

My furnace only blows cool air [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a townhouse, and last weekend the furnace worked fine. Now, all that I get out of the registers is cool air. The furnace ran almost all night, but no warm air at all. What might the problem be?

Furnace blows cool air [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is a bryant model-cacf030aza 5yrs old, natural gas,forced air the problem is that the air coming out of vents is cool air , we have central air, but we made sure that the thermostat was set to heat. In the furnace we do not see any fire at all. It is on and it blows but the air is cool...

Furnace blows cool air [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ducane gas furnace that has blown cool air ever since it was installed, which has been for at least 5 years now. The past owner of this house has covered the only cold air return in our living room floor and we have since opened or created a cold air return in the basement for the time...

View more questions Search