Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisleak08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Volume of a balloon
    Hello I would like to know how do I measure a volume of a balloon blown by using water. I think I can put it in two buckets and measure the amount of water that left the smaller bucket into the bigger one. But would that be my answer the amount of water left in the larger bucket or do I have to make other calculations. :)
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2008, 01:56 PM
    You need to measure the amount of water displaced by the balloon. So if you put it in one gallon of water and the water level rose to a 1.7-gallon line, the balloon had the same volume as a 0.7 gallons of water.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 24, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisleak08
    Hello I would like to know how do I measure a volume of a balloon blown by using water. I think I can put it in two buckets and measure the amount of water that left the smaller bucket into the bigger one. But would that be my answer the amount of water left in the larger bucket or do I have to make other calculations. :)
    Of course you could use the formula of the content of a sphere of the same size...
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Balloon Accel time [ 1 Answers ]

From her bedroom window a girl drops a water-filled balloon to the ground, 6.9 m below. If the balloon is released from rest, how long is it in the air?

Gas balloon direction [ 2 Answers ]

Please any one help the following question? http://www.geocities.com/nk7jaffna/askmehelpdesk/baloon.JPG

The Balloon [ 1 Answers ]

A little boy blows up a balloon and starts flicking it all around the house With his finger. His mother tells him to stop it as he's liable to break Something, but the boy continues. "Johnny!" Mom screams. "Knock it off." You're going to break something. He stops and eventually Mom leaves for a...

Volume [ 1 Answers ]

Find the volume in both L and cm3 of a rectangular solid that is .25m long 4.65mm and 9.50 dm deep?? I know that the Answer is 1.11L and 1100cm3 How do u solve it??

Contract balloon payment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am considering a Contract for Deed purchase of a home with a balloon due in 3-5 years. I know I can make the home payments, but my concern is financing the balloon. If housing prices increase while I am paying my Contract, can I use this "difference" to help me pay off the contract? ...

View more questions Search