Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KDinj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 08:32 AM
    loud water hammering
    I just replaced my shower/tub faucets and had to replace the valve. A few weeks after replacing the valve the shower has randomly made a very loud vibrating sound. The shower is used daily and it only happens about once or twice a week. It starts about a minute or two after turning the shower on. It stops as soon as I turn the water off and when I turn it on again its fine for another few days. The new valve was bigger than the old one so the hot water pipe is resting against the stud. Could it be that the pipe is just vibrating off it? There was also some solder that came out the tub spout the first few days. Could there be some stuck in the shower pipe or the valve?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 4, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Something's vibrating in your shower valve. Turn the water off, open it up and turn the water back on to flush it out. Good luck, Tom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Persistent and loud water pipe vibration [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a loud and persistent vibration in my house that apparently was caused by my water pipe (I want done to basement and can feel with my hand that the vibration is mainly in my cold wafer pipe). The vibration noise will immediately stop if I turn ON any faucet in the house, but will...

Water hammering [ 2 Answers ]

When ever I try and flush a toilet, and turn on a faucet at the same time I get very little water pressure and also get a hammering sound. I have a water pressure regulator at the water inlet. Could it be bad?

Hammering in my hot water heating boiler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a zoned in floor hot water heating system that is hammering. The system hammers in the boiler when I have only one zone on. When more than one zone calls for heat, then there is no hammering. * I have installed spiro vents to remove all of the air. * I have checked the pump, and it is...

Water hammering [ 1 Answers ]

I recently closed the supply lines to both my commodes for approximately two weeks to avert any water accident while I was away. Now every time they are flushed there is a loud machine gun like banging both at the area of the commodes and in the kitchen sink/dishwasher area. I open the fawcets in...

View more questions Search