Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1234golf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Energy saving bulbs
    Can a 100 Watt energy saving bulb be used in a lamp that calls for a 75 Watt bulb or less?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Yes. You need to look at the actual power used, maybe 20 watts. They are a good solution where you need more light than the fixture is rated for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

Winter energy saving [ 6 Answers ]

Dear experts: I am a first-time home owner. Sorry if this is a stupid question. But this is the only way I know to find the answer. I have a question regarding saving gas for my furnace. Is there any way to decrease the gas consumption for my furnace? I heard from friends like putting...

Wiring an energy saving light [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to grow tomatoes indoors and recently purchased an energy saving light bulb for the purpose. It’s spec is as follows: E40 2700 K-red spectrum 125W 220/240 V 50/60 Hz. The light comes with a connector, which I want to know how to wire up? Is it like a normal light fitting where just the...

Energy saving bulbs [ 4 Answers ]

Some lampshades have a max wattage you can use with them which is based on normal light bulbs, what happens with the energy saving ones? e.g. I have a shade that says to use 60 watts max can I use a 15 watt energy saving one that is the equivalent of a 100 watt normal bulb? :confused:

View more questions Search