Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alana1970 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 06:07 AM
    Trying to pay collection agency
    Hi, I am in the process of paying off my old debts. I have one that is in collection they agreed to me paying 50.00 a month over the phone I asked for something in writing and never received the letter. I have since sent them 2 letters and nothing yet. They have even stopped calling me and when I call they leave on hold. How can I settle this debt if they won't cooperate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 06:26 AM
    You basically can't with them, have you contacted the original company you owed the money to, you may be able to make a deal with them. Unless they sold the debt, it is them that you actually owe the money to anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agency [ 1 Answers ]

I had a collection agency contact me about a debt by letter, when I called to ask about making payments they demanded I pay the full amount. When I told them I could not pay all of the debt at one time they pressured me into giving a post dated check. When I saw I was not going to have the money in...

Collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

I have an outstanding debt, after losing a job, I tried to make payment arrangements with them, but they said if I didn't pay half today and half in a month they would not make any arrangements with me. Can they do that? They said it would be a charge off. I have asked for things in writing,...

I have a bill collection agency that keeps calling me. Its been more then 4 year since this happen. Now there calling my family member and telling them and sending them letters can they do this tell every one all or business.:

Collection Agency [ 16 Answers ]

I am in Alberta, Canada and my question is: Can a collection agency legally come after you if the alleged amount owing has never been disclosed to you, neither orally or on paper by the person who put the account with the collection agency? I have never received a bill or invoice from this...

Can a collection agency add interest to my debt in New York State?

View more questions Search