Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clcmarsh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Shouldn't all involved parties sign a rental agreement together?

Me and my husband moved out of our rental house when we bought a new house. The landlord found a new set of tenents and the wife signed the contract. Well, the husband wouldn't sign it and the deal fell through. Are we still responsible for the rent, even though she was going to rent it to someone else and one person signed the contract?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Hello again, cl:

Yes, you're responsbile for the rent until they get a tenant. One person signing ISN'T a tenant. It's CLOSE, but it isn't a tenant.

No, not really. I know you don't like it, but you're going to have to keep on paying rent. Unless YOU want to find them a new tenant.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental agreement [ 1 Answers ]

If I make payments on a TV through a rental store but it is not always on time, but it is always paid,can they repo my television?

Rental lease agreement [ 1 Answers ]

I have my rental lease contract. All copies. The landlord has no copies. It was given to me so that my husband could sign. I messed up. I was not supposed to sign. Could we claim we lost it or just not give it back so that we can give a thirty day notice to move out?

Rental Agreement [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Vicky and I like in Rockford,IL. My husband and I rented an apartment in October of 2006 and signed a one year lease agreement. When we moved in there was a dead bird in the living room window (w/the window broken)and infested w/maggetts. The shower leaked,bathroom sink stayed...

I still haven't received my rental agreement. [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into this house 3 months by July 1st... my landlord has promissed me several times to give me a copy of my lease... I don't know exactly,when my rent would be late or how much my late fees are... only by her telling me verbal.I have no documents,such as my lease to go by... what do I do......

Rental Agreement [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was anxious to relocate & she gave a deposit & rent for a place that she had not seen the inside of. After being given the keys, she went to the duplex & discovered it was MUCH smaller then expected. She was not able to contact the manager the remainder of the weekend so on the 3rd...

View more questions Search